Chapter 6: The diary

"Are you sure we shouldn't go tell the others?" asked Markus, shifting a little in the pile of pillows he was sitting in, stolen from Grian's blanket and pillow room. Which was simply a massive room full of, you guessed it, pillows and blankets.

After Rodger had left they had moved to a section of Grian's base labeled the family room, it was usually used by Grian and EX but after Markus started living with Grian he became its most common user. The room itself wasn't anything extraordinary, just a simple room dug out behind the poultry-screen, as it was so kindly dubbed by Markus, styled in a farmhouse family room. Be was what they where, a family. Not that Markus was related to them by blood. But not that it mattered, since family has really nothing to do with blood and genetics.

"No, we can't know how they would react," said EX, he did feel a bit guilty for not telling the others, but he also felt that the contents of this book wasn't something Grian wanted everyone to see, "And it's better that only you and me read this if Grian didn't want anyone to see this"

The mahogany haired teen sighed, "I guess you're right. Well? You gonna start?"

"Patience!" fake scolded Xeres, illusion broken by the grin on his face, "I'll get started when I get started!"

He opened the book to start reading, only to freeze and look at the book confusion. Markus, getting curious, leaned in to look at what EX was looking at, only to also look in confusion at the book.

"What language is that?"

"It can't be," whispered EX, gently brushing a hand over the text, "How can it be...?"

"EX, what are you talking about? Do you recognize the language? What is it?" asked Markus, voice holding some form of urgency, he could tell that this was something important. But what it was he didn't know.

The albino took awhile to answer, just looking at the book, as if he was remembering something he had forgotten long ago, "It's Galactica, or Enchanting table language if you want the more commonly used name of it"

"Why would a diary written by Grian be in Galactica?" asked the mahogany teen, eyebrows scrunched together in confusion, "And how are we supposed to understand this? What was Rodger thinking?"

"He knew"

"What?" Markus looked at his companion on confusion for a second time, "What do you mean?"

"He knew," hissed EX, completely ignoring Markus' question, "That bastard knew and never told anyone! I have been looking for him for years and he knew all along! We've met before, he could have told me! So why didn't he tell me?!"

By the end EX was shouting, anger and hurt coating his voice in thick layers. Whatever Rodger had done, it had been bad in someway. Like, really bad.But Markus could see tears building up in the Voids red eyes, threatening to fall at any moment. Not knowing what else to do the teen gave EX a hug, and said person froze at first before relaxing and melting into the hug, tears running down his face like quite rivers.

A few minutes later the water works had reduced substantially, but they were still there, and EX could speak again, "I had a cousin that would always visit me and X when we were younger, we were inseparable use and him, but one day he didn't show up. I asked my uncle, his dad, where he was, and I was told he had left. I could tell that there was more to the story, my uncle didn't look sad in the slightest so I had a feeling he has something to do with it. But I never figured anything out, and I never saw my cousin again. Me and X don't really talk about him, since it's a pretty sore subject still, but we sometimes remember all the good times we had together," EX pauses here to take in a deep breath, "And one thing I'll always remember about him is that he did the impossible, he learnt Galactica. And the only thing I remember from the Galactica was how is name was written"

Markus looked at EX, to the page of the diary, back to EX and then his eyes widened. He connected the dots, "That's your cousins name," he said, motioning to the row of symbols the other was fixated on, "Isn't it?"

"Yeah," EX choked out, "Yeah it is"

A heavy silence fell over them, both wanted answers, but the only person who could give them wasn't here. And they had no clue where to even start looking, all they knew was that he wasn't on this server. And as much as the book revealed on a personal level, it gave nothing on the current situation. Both where at a loss, the only clue they had was a dead end.

After a long time, longer then the two bothered to care about, a pair of footsteps was heard approaching from the hallway. In walked Rodger, red eyes glowing but dimmer than before, in his arms was a tray with food on it. Everything from toast to mini omelets was on there, even chocolate was there.No words were exchanged, the only form of acknowledgement they gave each other was a slight nod. A show of apology and one of forgiveness. They were in this together, whether they liked it or not.

"You should tell your brother, EX," said Rodger hesitantly, curse Grian for giving him emotions! Even if they were more hidden, they were still there. And Rodger hated it, "It will do more harm than good to keep it from him, it will divide you more than you currently are. And that is the last thing we need right now"

EX tensed up, as if he was going to protest, but a hand on his leg made him look up. Markus was looking at him with begging eyes, "Please tell him Xer, Rodger's right. This can help you both and Grian all in the same sweep, you just have to believe in yourself"

"One of your magical predictions tell you that?" snorted EX, voice holding no malice or bite to it.

"I don't need my predictions to tell you that, and there potions, not magic. I just know so" insisted the teen, eyes hard in determination, "Now go, tell Xisuma everything, I'll be here looking for more solutions with Rodger"

The white haired Void twin stood up with a deep breath, no more running from his problems, no more letting things happen. It was time to take action.

He bid the two goodbye, and jumped through the Nether portal. EX made his way to his brothers portal, each step more determined than the last. He was going to save Grian, no matter what.

"I'm going to find you, Xelqua, even if it's the last thing I'll do. I'll find you"

Another chapter done! I feel like the ending could have been a bit better, but it's at least better than nothing! So I hope you all enjoyed this and I'll see y'all in the next chapter!