Chapter 21: The mission

A pair of dark purple clawed feet silent walked across cold stone brick floors, twisting and turning in complicated patterns as he navigated his way through. After a few minutes he came up to a giant pair of dark oak doors. They stood tall and intimidating as any respectable door should, but the figure wasn't afraid. Why should he be scared? This door, and everything behind it, wasn't scary. No, the only scary thing here, was him.

His height might fool you at first, but that will be your downfall. Never underestimate your enemy, it only ends badly for you if you do. With scales harder than obsidian and claws sharper than diamond, he was quite feared. Plus his giant powerful wings and long whip like tail also served as more hurt for you.

But that's just a tiny bit of what he could do, the people around him could do so much worse.

His number one protector would fry you without thought if you did something against him, and it helped that they where Fallacy the leader of everyone and everything. His second protector was of course his boyfriend, Alastor, a former Vex with potion and spell capabilities to rival armies. And there was of course his team too, two sorcerers, one tiger hybrid with a mean left hook, and lastly there also was a humanoid crocodile with them too.

So all in all he was pretty protected. So that's why no one dared attack Grian, and those who did died before they even get close enough to be heard.

Grian let a wide, teeth filled smirk spread across his face, he couldn't wait to get his new mission started. With a push of his dragon hand the doors opened, showing of the room behind the big wooden doors.

The room was also made out of stone, with pillars going up to the ceiling ten on each side. There were windows in between the openings of each pillar, letting light into the cold room. At the back was an obsidian throne, and resting on it was Fallacy, grin ever present on their face.

"Little bird," purred Fallacy pleased, grin growing, "I hope you've set everything up for your mission?"

Fallacy was glad to have gotten their hissing under control, it was degrading to go around hissing every other word. It definitely wasn't something someone with their power should go around doing.

Grian bowed down to them, amethyst earrings hanging of his ears, which where by now proper Void dragon ears, "Of course it is, we're waiting for your permission  to leave"

Fallacy chuckled pleased, "Excellent! Remember what you need to do, can you repeat it to me?"

"Capture Xenagoras Void and bring him back alive," recited Grian, thinking back to a few days ago when he was informed of the mission.

"Good. Now, go!" said Fallacy with an aggressive go away motion, and as they did that a part of the ceiling opened up.

Grian wasted no time before he jumped up, and with a powerful flap of his wings he was off. It only took him a minute to get to the portal hall, large wings taking him there quickly.

Waiting at the entrance was his team, the two sorcerers, Orion and Antlia, stood together and looked to be discussing something in a book. The tiger hybrid (A Malayan tiger to be exact) was resting on a rock, basking in the sun. Her brown striped skin standing out against the pale gray surface of the rack she rested on. Leaning against the same rock was Iagos, the (Cuban) crocodile had his arms folded against his chest, eyes raking over the courtyard in front of the portal hall.

And that's why Iagos was the first to notice him, "Hey! I was starting to think you weren't going to show!" Grian smiled at the croc, as if to say 'As if!'.

This got the rest of the groups attention, everyone staying where they were. But Grian swore he could hear Orion mutter 'He shouldn't be here' to Antlia, which confused the dirty blond. Why did he say that? Was it because he just recently was saved from the Hermits, or was it because he still wasn't fully healed?

Deciding to ask the platinum blond sorcerer later, he strode up to the group, "Of course I showed up! Fallacy just wanted to make sure I was ready!"

Orion once again muttered something out, but Grian didn't hear him this time, nor did he even notice it.

"So we're all good to leave?" inquired Iagos. Pushing himself of the rock, and nudging the dosing tiger to wake up as he did so.

"Yup! Let me just go set it up and we'll be off!" said Grian, already on his way to a random unlit portal. It was kinda a pain to reviver a portal from one point, but that's the only way the could do it.

As the builder was working on the portal the rest of the group where talking.

"We have to get him back to them," whispered Orion, honey colored eyes focused on said person.

"And how do you propose we do that?" asked the tiger hybrid, speaking just as quietly as the other, "You know how much Fallacy makes sure to keep him in her grasp, we'll never get him!"

"Way to be confident," muttered Orion, "We're all more confident with your encouraging words, Liz, a round of applause to you!"

Liz hissed at him, ears flat on her head, "No need to be snappy, Soliris"

"Snappy? How am I being snappy?" growled the platinum blond, magic sparking at his fingertips, "We want to save him, yet you stand here showing no signs of wanting to help with such a thing!"

"Orion shut your ugly mug!" growled Iagos, tail swishing dangerously close to the sorcerers feet, "Liz was just trying to lto think logically, not cause a fight. And I get why you were upset, but you have to realize that no good will come out of us arguing!"

"So what should we do?" asked Antlia, glancing over at Grian as he worked, "There must be something we can do to help him"

"We follow orders," replied Iagos, olive black scales shimmering as the light of a portal hit them, "Help make his time here easier"

Antlia let out a little sigh, but didn't say anything since Grian was walking back to them, "I got it working! We can go now!"

"Lead the way!" grinned Orion, the expression not reaching his eyes.

And so they where off, heading off to capture Xenagoras Void.

God, please hurry up Hermits, Grian needs you. Not that he knows that, he 'hates' you lot now.

Please, hurry, Fallacy's lies are already in place. And there spreading, fast.

<>*Does a happy little awkward dance* Yay! I did it! I finished it! And four new characters, all of which already have their fates planned out! I hope you all liked it! Oh! And here's a picture of how Grian looks now!

Now that's all I have for now, I wish you all a wonderful time!<>