Chapter 56: See me now

The first thing Mumbo saw when opening his eyes was the bloody and unconscious form of Alastor, blood pooling around the blonde wolf. He let out a choked gasp, red eyes wide as he looked down on the gruesome scene in front of him. He almost didn't notice when his body started to move, without him making it or willing it to do so, but he did notice it. He watched, still in shock, as he -or whatever thing he was looking through, started to make its way away from the body.

Mumbo did his best to try and figure out where he was, or what he was looking though. The walls were generic, though they sparked some form of recognition from him, but he couldn't figure out why. He then tried to see if he could feel how his new host's (for that is the only word he could think of that would fit) body felt, but no luck there. Lucky him the clicking of talons on the stone floor was easy to identify, which narrowed what he was down to reptilians. Then he judged the height, which was scarily massive. And as much as he loathed to say it, he was pretty sure he was looking through the eyes of a massive dragon.

He watched as the dragon made its way out of the stone tunnel and out into a larger corridor filled with soldiers wearing armor with snake symbols on them, snake symbols he remembers seeing only once. On the flags of Fallacy's castle. Dear god, Fallacy has an army, as well as a massive dragon.

His brain pieced that missing parts together. The dragon who's eyes he was looking through, it was the thing that had nearly killed Alastor. He was looking into the past, into what happened before they woke up! But why? Why him?

Mumbo was broken out of his  thoughts by the sound of wind whipping around his face, which was weird to hear without the feeling of it through his hair and stinging his eyes. He looked around and saw the dragon had taken off and was now flying around the castle, it wasn't in flight for long before it landed on a tower that was bigger and with a more circular roof. And to Mumbo's shock the roof disappeared under the scaled beast's feet and opened up to a throne room. 

He let out an animalistic growl he was sure Doc would have been proud of when he saw who sat on the throne in front of him, "Fallacy."

Fallacy looked up at him, well the dragon actually, with a satisfied smirk, "Is he taken care of?"

The dragon gave a rumbling conformation, dropping down to stand more face to face with the deity. And if that wasn't saying anything about its size then Mumbo didn't know what. Sure he had never met Fallacy himself, but he knew standing normally they stood at around 10 feet (about 3 meters). And if he hazard to guess, this dragon's head was just around 5 feet long (1,5 meters). It was fucking massive, then they would more then likely have to fight it. Great, that's just absolutely wonderful now isn't it!

"Good," purred Fallacy, slithering off their throne and up towards the dragon, "you've done me wonderful so far Rook, you're truly proving to be my most powerful lieutenant yet."

Rook, let out a pleased rumble, the feeling of made up pride welling up. Which confused Mumbo, why did it feel made up? Like a part that had been placed in and now fit, but also like it didn't belong?

He didn't get to think about it for long before everything started hacking up and dimming, and it felt like his entire body was being shaken around as if it was in a raging sea in the middle of a thunderstorm.

So with a gasping breath, he woke up. The person shaking his shoulders was thrown off when the ebony haired man violently sat up, sweat coating his forehead and upper lip, making the hair stick to both places uncomfortably.

A pair of warm arms wrapped around him, slowly bringing his senses fully back to his body. And his breathing, which he didn't even notice was erratic until now, slowly started calming down and coming out in even puffs. Next his vision cleared up, red eyes blinking down at the baby blue bedsheets of the bed he and Iskall were sharing at the cabin. Last came his sense of touch, the cotton of the bedsheets tickling at his surprisingly soft fingers. After the bedsheets he registered the head, or more accurately the beard attached to the head, on his shoulder. He didn't even have to look to know who it was, so he just leaned in and brought his arms up around Iskall's own, squeezing them reassuringly.

No words were shared between the two, just the steady breathing leaving the two lovers and the muffled sounds of people sleeping, or walking quietly through the hall out of the bathroom, filling the silence neither of them minded.

"Did I wake you up?" Mumbo finally asked, tired eyes glancing, but not seeing, at Iskall.

The brunette shook his head gently, beard scratching at Mumbo's shoulder, "No, I was only starting to wake up myself when you started waking up, no need to worry sweet."

The taller of the two smiled and cuddled close before deciding to speak about what he saw, his dream-vision thing, "I saw something in my dream, the thing that attacked Alastor. It was-"

"-a dragon." Mumbo looked at Iskall in surprise, having gently moved from his boyfriend and sitting to sit face to face with him instead, "I saw the same thing as you, or at least I think I did."

"You did?" The mustached man asked in surprise, "How?"

The other redstoner shook his head, "I don't know why, I really can't see why we'd see all of that. And why us? We're only connected to Fallacy because they took our boyfriend." His tone was dripping with disdain as he said the last part, eye flashing dangerously.

"Maybe it's Grian somehow? Trying to warn us?" Mumbo didn't look very convinced by his own words, but still gave Iskall a hopeful smile. As if a smile would fix everything and make it true. Both knew it wouldn't be so easy, but both were comforted by the belief it would be so easy.

So for tonight, Iskall was happy to play along to this fantasy world of an easy victory, "Maybe, he'd be stubborn enough to do it. Plus what was it he always said? Love conquers all-"

In a world drenched in red, a dragon with shimmering scales snapped open his eyes. Lifting its head up it's blue and purple eyes flashed, for just a second, to a violet purple, before going back to its icy blue hue.

"-even other worlds."

<I'm really happy with this one! It was really nice to write something nice with Mumskall, and I'm really happy I went with this idea out of the two ideas I had :3 Also, since I mentioned Rook's size so much, why not show you how big his is from a drawing I made awhile back?

As you can see, that's one big dragon boy with some big claws. And his hind legs are in a pillar, it's just hidden by a wing. Just fyi. Now if you excuse me, I need to take out the trash before you get yelled at.

So stay safe and have a wonderful time everyone! See you all next week!>