Chapter 48: Let me be your dreamcatcher

"You think we're related to Death?" EX asked in a disbelieving, arms crossed over his chest. "How did you jump to that conclusion? Because as much as "child of Death" might say, it can't say anything about blood relation!"

"I know it's true, because it's in official records." Said Doc, holding up a book no one noticed he had. His tone faltered a bit as he explained. "Well "official, official," it says Xuan was blood adopted by Death in his personal diary."

"And the plot thickens!" Solidarity exclaimed, which earned him a light slap in the arm from Netty. "Hey! Am I wrong?"

She huffed. "No, but you can at least consider EX and X and how they're feeling."

They looked over to the two Void's to see EX looking at the painting again, just looking. Not doing anything, not saying anything, just looking at it. Xisuma on the other hand had taken the diary and was now looking through the section Doc had directed him to.

Solidarity looked back at her. "I don't think they even hear me say anything."

And they weren't. Both were two focused on their tasks at hand. Be that productive, or non-productive. "We should have seen this coming." EX finally says, eyes still on the painting.

"In all fairness we really should have."Xisuma agreed as he flipped through the pages until he found the one he was looking for. "Not only are Void's known to get involved in some weird stuff, but add a Grian on to that and it gets timed by a thousand."

"Sounds about right." Netty agreed, the others in the group agreeing with her. "Also shouldn't we be looking for Death?"

"He won't spawn back for two more days." X explained as he finally decided to sit down on one of the armchairs. "So we might as well search this place and learn as much as we can. Plus I really want to know all about my ancestors' time here, from what I've read so far it's quite the experience."

"Really?" EX asked, finally turning away from the painting.

"Yeah! Apparently on his first day there he not only destroyed his room because he was spooked and let out a magic burst, but also managed to spill a potion of poison all over the brewery floor!"

EX let out a bark of laughter, and the rest of the room soon followed along after a few seconds of silence. And once the laughter died down Doc looked back at the painting, and an idea to continue the laughter formed in his head.

"Hey guys, look at me!" He moved to stand just like Xuan Void was in the painting. "And feast upon two right eyeless good looking men!"

"Two? I only see a creeper and a right eyeless good looking man." Bdubs snickered, making a point to hide behind Keralis to avoid the full wrath of Doc's glare.

"Say that to my face you coward!"

And so they were off. Doc chasing Bdubs around the library, Joe playfully tripping them both up if they got too close to where he had migrated to Xisuma's side. Though he soon stopped as the two ran up the stairs and to the second floor.

"How are you feeling?" X asked Joe. By now the other people had left for other parts of the library, Doc and Bdubs still running around the second and third floor (which they somehow hadn't noticed before), leaving the two alone to themselves.

"I'm feeling okay." The poet shrugged, resting his head on the others.

"Don't lie to me Joe." Said Xisuma, tilting his head up, which made Joe move his head, to look at the glasses wearing man. "Anyone who looks can see how you feel about all of this, like it's your fault."