Chapter 11: Crumbling worlds

Grian stood in shock for what felt like hours, he was going to be taught how to fly with the help of the horse of death? And here he thought having casual conversations with Death was weird.

Speaking of that, he should probably ask Death about why they were having casual conversations like Death totally couldn't kill him without even blinking, "Death, why are you and me having such casual conversations? Like, shouldn't I be bowing to you?"

"Bowing?" snorted Death, "Little one, why would you need to bow to me? I don't make family or equals bow, and you're both"

Grian spluttered at this, "I'm your what and what?"

"Your my family and equal, don't you know this?" asked Death, "I can understand if you didn't know we were equals, but the family thing is quite well known"

"No! Not to me it isn't! I thought you were just some legend until three days ago!" exclaimed Grian, not seeing how this should be common knowledge.

"Right, your memories were erased-"My memories where WHAT?!"-you wouldn't remember. Well the short of it is that me and the other horsemen where born of the first Void, and since you're a Void that makes us family. And your my equal because not only are you a void dragon hybrid, but your also one of the few people who are said to possess the power to kill me and my brothers and sisters" explained Death, like this was just the most normal thing to say and totally not a huge bombshell of shocking information on the poor Void-who-didn't-know-he-was-a-Void.

Grian sat down heavily on the ground, wings shifting as to not get in an uncomfortable position, he was at least thankful he didn't pass out this time. For a few minutes he just sat there soaking in all the information, "You know," Death and Tyrothon both looked at him as he said this, not like he saw it, since he was looking blankly at the ground, "I'm more surprised I'm Surprised about this then I am about the actual thing"

"Well tha-" whatever Death was going to say was cut off by Tyrothon's loud screech of alarm, and for good reason too.

The undead horse was sinking into the ground, wings and hooves flapping and stopping in distress. And Grian swore he could see fear and confusion in those glowing soul like eyes, but he didn't get to think about it before the winged creature sank fully into the ground.

"Tyrothon!" shouted Death, for the first time since Grian had first meet them (which was like, three days ago. But who really cares at this point? We all know there close to each other) they gave off a different aura then the usual calm one, now it was one of distress and fear.

Which made Grian super afraid, who -or what- was powerful enough to not only drag the signature animal of death down into the ground, but also make Death themselves scared, "Death? What's going on?"

"I'm sorry Grian, I couldn't keep them away any longer," said Death, wrapping their magic around him in a way to make is feel like a bittersweet comforting hug.

"What are you talking about?" asked Grian, the fear he was feeling making him shake slightly.

"I wasn't supposed to be the one watching you, it was suppose to be someone else. But I intervened and took their place and locked the world from them. But Fallacy found out, so I locked it from them too. But they've finally found out, and their banning me from this world," said Death, looking up at the sky as if Fallacy was there, "Grian, I promise you that I'll get you out of here, no matter what"

"Don't bother, you'll only get hurt!" exclaimed Grian, fear in his voice.

"I'll be fine, little one" said Death, "I am Death after all"

"Death or not, you could still die!" said Grian, just wanting Death to get away from here as soon as possible.

"No, no I can't"

"Don't lie to me!" hissed Grian, standing up and flapping his wings in aggravation, "I can feel your afraid of Fallacy! And maybe you can't die, but they can still hurt you! So don't lie to me and say you'll be fine!"

"Grian, I-"

"No, this is where you zip it!" said Grian, making a zipping motion with his dragon hand, "I will not allow anyone I care about to get hurt! This is my thing to deal with, not yours or anyone else's!"

The builder, without even realizing it, threw Death out of the world. And not to soon either, because just in that moment Fallacy's dominating our returned to the world. And they were pissed.

"Little bird," hissed Fallacy, like they were restraining themselves from doing or saying something really bad, "Why do I feel the presssence of Death here?"

Grian didn't answer, way to distracted by the hissing sound of Fallacy's s's. This didn't help Fallacy's temper cool down in the slightest.

"Anssswer me when I ssspeak to you!" shouted Fallacy, and what felt like an invisible hand came to wrap around Grian's neck. Choking him.

"Ssseamsss like I'll have to teach the little bird a lessssson, won't I?" cackled Fallacy, bringing Grian closer to them. And Grian could just feel the grin on their face, wicked and twisted with sadistic glee. He shuddered heavily as he imagined it, "Oh! And would you look at that! The little bird hasss sssome new additionsss! I wonder what I can do with thossse?"

Grian wanted to reply, but he saw black spots dance in his vision and knew he was going to pass out soon. So with his last bout of energy, he hissed out, "I'd like to see you try"

And then he passed out with a smirk on his face, a smirk that would have widened if he'd heard Fallacy's roar of outrage. At his words.

<>Fallacy's back, and boy are they not happy. And I wonder where Death is now? Hmm? Well, that's all from me for now, have a wonderful time everyone!<>