Chapter 27: Crackling thunder

Alastor was seething. He had been so close to killing Cub, but then Grian had gone and temporarily broke through the brainwashing and had attempted to go help the fallen Hermit! Luckily Alastor teleported them out of there before any more damage could be done to the spell on the dirty blond. He was now storming through the corridors to Fallacy's throne room, wolf ears twitching with agitation.

The people in the halls stepped away from the fuming wolf. No one particular liked the guy, for many different reasons, but they knew he didn't fight pretty when he was mad. So they just avoided him, but that didn't stop many from sneering at him.

Alastor threw up the heavy wooden doors leading to the throne room with a bang, the doors banging against the walls and echoing around the room.

"What is the meaning of this?" Hissed Fallacy, a glare on their snake like face, "How dare you come here and disturb me? You better have a reason wolf!"

"The Hermits were there." Growled Alastor, fists clenched, "They were there and they ruined everything! I was so close to killing that blasted pest! But then Grian just had to remember them for a split second and ruin everything!" He turned to look up at Fallacy with a sneer, "Why do you even need that blasted Void!? I'm easily more powerful than him! We should get rid of him and stop him from every going against us!"

His rant would have probably continued if a loud bang hadn't echoed around the room. The blond froze, and then he looked up at Fallacy.

The serpent was holding a scepter in their right hand, the long object giving off sparks of electricity. But that wasn't the scary part, no that honor belonged to Fallacy themselves.

Their red and green eyes where slitted even more the normal, eyes narrowed as they glared at the wolf before them. Their chin was raised in an act of power and dominance, silently bragging that even with such a weak spot exposed they still couldn't be defeated. A growl was vibrating deep in their throat, "Are you questioning me?"

"Of course not!" Argued Alastor hastily, "I was simply stating my opinion on the situation. I now see that I was out of line, and I apologize for that."

Faster than the eye could see Fallacy shot out of their seat, slithering up to the now terrified man. Their powerful tail wrapped itself around him, squeezing him tightly and forcing his arms to remain at his sides.

"Don't play dumb with me," cooed Fallacy quietly, hand coming up to cradle Alastor's face, "I know your loyal to yourself, not to me."

"Then why am I still here?" Wheezed the blond, gasping for breath. He wasn't even trying to deny the accusation.

"'Why are you still here?' Isn't it obvious?" Purred the serpent, bronze tail tightening its grip as they leaned close to Alastor's face, "Your more usefully to me alive then dead."

"And if I stop being useful?" Asked the wolf quietly, any previous cockiness long gone.

Fallacy laughed at this, the sound un-human and cruel, "Well, let's just say it won't be very pretty." They barred their fangs, a thin layer of venom covering both two and a half inch fangs.

Their tail grip loosened before completely pulling away, letting Alastor fall to the ground in a heap. The blonde gasped for breath, almost choking on air as he tried to get it all in as fast as possible. He looked up at Fallacy shocked, why had he not been hurt?

Said serpent saw this look and huffed out a small laugh, "I'm not going to hurt you because of your traitorous ways, that will wait for later."

Fallacy lifted him up with their tail, making him stand up and face them properly. Their eyes glinted with mirth as they regarded him again, a sharp smile stretching over their scaly face, "I need you alive for awhile longer, so don't you dare try to run from me." They leaned close to the wolf to the point that they were almost touching foreheads, a low laugh echoed around the rapidly darkening room.

Fallacy's eyes glowed in the darkened room, making it impossible for Alastor to not look at Fallacy, "You can't escape me Alastor, many try yet they all fail. If not immediately then eventually. If you join me, you become mine. Your mind, body and will belong to me. I mean, take Xenagoras Void for an example! He turned his back on me, and he paid for it by allowing the most horrible of horrible actions to be done! To his own son, who loved with all his heart, no less!"

Alastor choked on air, he wasn't expecting this! "Xen-Xenagoras Void?"

"Why yes of course!" Purred Fallacy, tongue flicking in and out at a rapid pace, "He was such a good and loyal soldier, and then he found Axelia. And suddenly he left. Clever of him to not say a thing, he knew I wouldn't allow him to leave. But as I said, he ended up paying for it in the end."

"What happened?" Whispered Alastor, the usually brave and cocky man was frozen in place, unable to move.

"I took away the things he held the closest," cackled Fallacy, clawed fingers running down the wolf in front of them's face, "His family."

"But Grian's alive?"

An evil smirk spread along Fallacy's face, "Wolf, he lost his family in a way worse than death, at least regarding our little bird."

Alastor thought about it, and he thought a little more, and then it hit him, "No. You-you made him do that?"

Fallacy acted coy, but anyone could tell they already knew what he was talking about, "Made him do what? I don't understand what your talking about."

"Made him rape Grian, his own son."

"Oh I wish I did that! But no, even I can be nice." Laughed Fallacy, "I simply made him make a clone of himself, and then make the clone do it! Some actions by the same person technically, so the same type of damage."

He didn't get to think about the words for long, as the room returned to normal and Fallacy slithered back up to their throne, "I think you should go back to your boyfriend, Alastor. Or he'll start to wonder where you are. And then he might worry, and we don't want him to worry now do we?"

"Of course not Master." Answered the blond wolf, somehow keeping himself together and voice steady, "I'll leave immediately."

And so he was off, walking quickly as to avoid all things to do with facing Fallacy.

The serpent watched him leave with amused eyes, oh how foolish mortals truly are. Their attention then went to a seemingly innocent shadow on the wall behind them, "What's our progress?"

A shadow version of Joe Hills, stepped out of the shadows, movements jerky and unsteady. Burning red eyes looked up at Fallacy, "He's falling deeper in, the anger has remained even after the battle has ended."

Fallacy smirked at the shadow figure, "Excellent. And I trust it you've done what I asked you to?"

Hills smirked at the serpent, "Of course Master, it's ready to use whenever you want."

"Do it." Demanded Fallacy, "Get it ready to use it, I want to see it working."

Hills didn't verbally respond and simply bowed low before melting back into the shadows on the wall. Leaving Fallacy alone in their throne room.

Electricity crackled along their hand as they played with it. They were lost in thought, thinking about what was going to happen in just a few hours. A smirk spread across their face as it played out on their mind, yes this would do wonderfully.

In the medical wings on the other side of the castle Grian felt a shiver run down his back, and an unsettling feeling settled in his stomach.

His team noticed his shiver and glanced at each other, maybe they didn't have as much time as they thought...

<Plot twist! Didn't expect that, did ya? Anyways, next chapter will be more filler then an actual part of the story. But I got a cool title name (Dearly departed) and a start already, so it'll be made. I might not be long, it might be I don't know. So just expect that for the next chapter.

That's all I have to say for now! Have a wonderful time everyone!>