Chapter 35: The first lament

<Anything like this = Hia there! Is a memory. Alright, with that done let's get rolling!>

Hills jumped down from the tree he was perched on, his feet blending into the shadow of the tree. He didn't move from the shadows, choosing to instead look at the assembled people with bright red, unnerving eyes. He looked over everyone, though he stopped at Joe, seeing the poet shrink at the sight of him he smirked. "What's wrong Joe? See something ya don't like?"

"Where is Grian?" Grounded Joe out, not raising to his shadows bait.

If Hills was disappointed that the other ignored his question, he didn't show it. If anything, his smirk grew. "Oh I can't remember for the life of me." Coed Hills in mock disappointment. "But I'm sure I can help you remember. Would you like that? For me to show you where he is?"

Joe's breath caught in his throat. "No!" Cried the poet, eyes wide and afraid. He couldn't stand to see it all again. It was bad even when it was all foggy, it'll be even worse if he could see it all clearly.

"Yes? Oh, I'm so happy you want my help!"

Everyone let out gasps as black mist surrounded them, and they tried to get away Joe more than any other. Though the mist seemed to keep them there, pulling them down if they tried to fly away with their elytras. Though Doc noticed something weird about the pulls, they felt like hands pulling you down. And if he listened carefully he could hear the shuffling of feet. His eyes widened. There was no mist, just an illusion to hide people.

"Guys! There's no mist! There's people here! Be care-" He was cut off by a needle going into his neck, the thing inside the small cylinder object was emptied into his bloodstream quickly before it was pulled out. The creeper fell to the floor in a hep, fully unconscious.

The sound of more bodies hitting the floor soon followed him, as if a domino had been tipped onto other dominoes. After the last person fell the mist disappeared to reveal a group of around twenty fully geared up soldiers. A soldier wearing a more detailed armor piece stepped up and half bowed to Hills. "They've all been given the twenty four hour dose, sir. What would you like for us to do with them now?

The shadow pondered it for a moment before deciding. "Bring them to the cells down in the lower level, I think our resident wise old bird needs some company. And who knows? Maybe they'll give our heros some false hope, make this more fun for us."

The soldier nodded and motioned for the others to pick up the bodies and move them, and it might take two-or maybe even three- trips to move them all. Oh well, nothing to do but get a move on.

-----------------------------------------------

Mumbo was woken up by the groaning of multiple people, and he himself joined in on the groining as a pounding headache enveloped his head. What had happened? He remembers Joe, but it also wasn't Joe? It looked like Joe, but he was nothing more but a mere shadow. And then there was a mist, that also wasn't a mist? Gosh, he can't remember what Is- no not him, Str- no not her either. He can't remember what someone said it actually was.

Shaking his head of those thoughts, bad idea to do it literally, you get quite the headache, he looked up at what was around him.

Laying, sitting and standing on a dark floor was all the Evolutionist and Hermits, all of them looking as confused as he felt. He quickly found Iskall and made his way towards him, needing the comfort the presence of his boyfriend gave. Reaching the Swede he wrapped his long arms around the other man's broad shoulders, holding on tight as to not lose him. Iskall took this without complaint and simply grabbed Mumbo's hands and held on tightly.