Chapter 31: The beginning of the end

<Your all gonna hate me for this. But hey, hopefully you'll still like it! But you have to read it first, so enjoy!

Also did I tell you that this is the shift into what I call "The most likely angst-and-Fallacy-hatting" faze. I hope everyone's ready, for I show no mercy when writing.>

Grian was woken up in the early morning by a knock on the door to his rooms. He tried to roll over, but the solid body of Alastor blocked him from going anywhere, "Al, the door."

The blonde wolf growled quietly, "Not my problem, go get it yourself."

Grian huffed out an annoyed breath at him, "I'm tired." He rolled back over to his side and checked his bedside clock, "And it's six am, far too early."

"Well I don't have my mask on." Hissed Alastor, back still to Grian, "And it'll be quicker and easier if you go answer."

Right, Alastor couldn't be seen without his mask, he had forgotten that. Grian honestly found it stupid that his boyfriend insisted that he wear the mask at all times, and just to prove a stupid point too. There wasn't even anything wrong with his face or eyes, he was just petty in that regard.

Nonetheless Grian got out of bed with a sigh, and he debated putting on at least a shirt. But he couldn't be bothered, so he just walked to the door and opened it.

He was greeted with the stoic face of Orion, though his honey eyes held a kind shine to them that was rare to see around the castle. The platinum blond smiled at him before looking down at the hybrids chest, more specifically the scar there.

It was still a pretty new scar, a few days old at best. Grian remembers getting it from Death, on his second day in the dark Horsemen's world when he refused to follow orders. It marked a horrible time in his life, as did the scales and dragon parts of him. But Fallacy had helped him, they had told him that scars only affect you if you let them. And Grian refused to be affected, the scars only made him stronger.

Grian shook his head of these thoughts as Orion's attention went back to him, and away from his scars, "Master Fallacy asks that you meet them in the head sorcerers lab in an hour. You don't need to bring anything except yourself."

The dirty blond looked intrigued by the request, but didn't say anything about it, "Alright, I'll be there! Thanks for telling me Orion."

"Your welcome Grian." Smiled the platinum blond.

The sorcerer left after that, leaving Grian to get ready for the day ahead. Instead of wearing his combat/ mission uniform, the outfit he'd been wearing yesterday (and the outfit I've drawn him in), he wore a simple black shirt and dark gray pants. He didn't wear shoes, dragon feet and all of that, and his shirt didn't have a back to make room for his giant wings.

After getting ready he headed to the kitchens for a quick breakfast. The walk was boring, filled with seemingly endless smooth stone (not the MC block) walls and stone brick floors. Grian eventually smelled the kitchens, and quickened his steps.

His stop in the kitchens was fast, as he had seen what time it was and noticed he only had ten minutes before he was meant to be in the lab, just a quick pick and grab. So he was soon leaving the busy kitchens with a toast in hand.

The toast was eaten as he speed walked down towards the lab, gone before he even reached the stairs.

Grian skipped walking by instead gliding down them, being careful of the turns as to not crash. And with a minute to spare he entered the lab.

Upon entering he was met with a cat hybrid dressed in a dark green business like dress with a gold belt and clamps (I'll include a picture at the end of what I imagined). Her hair was messy and wavy and a dark brown color with natural lighter stripes here and there. Her pale blue eyes glinted as she looked at him, "Seems like you made it in time, I was starting to think I'd have to report you late."