Chapter 37: Transparency

<Half of this was made in one sitting, and I'm proud of myself for that. So I hope you all enjoy this! And I have a few things that I want to say, but I'll save them for after the chapter.>

Everyone was getting up to see yet another memory, but they got distracted by other things.

Zedaph had been preparing himself for whatever unpleasant thing was to come next, he was doing this by hiding behind his boyfriends. Everything seemed normal until he got a good look at Tango, and saw the wall in front of him. He screamed, jumping back in shock, eyes still locked on Tango. His yell got everyone's attention, corned eyes looking at him intently.

"What's wrong?" Asked Tango moving closer towards his shorter boyfriend. It was then that Impulse noticed what Zed had seen.

"Tang, oh my god."

The demon turned and looked at his other boyfriend then, finding that he now had a look similar to Zedaph. "What's going on?"

"Am I the only one seeing this or is Tango kinda transparent?" Asked Taurtis, motioning towards Tango.

Said demon immediately looked down at his hands after that was said, and sure enough his hands were semi-transparent. "My god."

"I don't think he's the only one." Said Cleo, holding out her own semi-transparent hands.

"Make that three." Called Doc, holding up his hands which were now also a bit transparent.

"But why are only some of you Hermits fading?" Asked Netty, checking her own hands.

Shrugs went around the group, no one really knew how to answer the question.

And then another question arose, what does it mean? What would happen once they faded completely -would they even fade completely?-? Would they wake up, stay asleep forever, or maybe even die? They all decided to save it for later, as they wanted to see themselves be given five hundred more reasons to kill Fallacy. But when they turned back to the screen nothing was on it, they had missed it.

Doc was going to comment about it when the screen turned on once more. They all expected to see Hills or Sam walk in to torment Grian, what they weren't expecting was two pairs of red and green eyes to look at Grian from the outside.

Grian looked up and met the eyes head on, and all he gave was a small flinch.

"I'm impressed, you don't react violently. Why is that little bird? Why aren't you scared of me when I'm like this?"

Antlia shuddered at the voice, hands shaking at her sides. Whilst the others wouldn't know the voice, she did. "Fallacy."

Everyone paid attention then, eyes and ears all focused on the scene.

Grian glared up at them, a sneer in his face. "I've seen deadlier."

Fallacy laughed loudly at his answer. "Do you mean Death? Please you could tell they weren't going to hurt you, so you felt safe with them. So, yes, you have seen deadlier." They leaned out of the shadows here, bringing their face into view for everyone to see. "But it's not the threat that kills, but the strike that follows."

They slammed down their hand, making the clawed appendage stick into the ground a bit. This made Grian, and everyone else, jump, though Grian looked downright terrified whilst everyone else just looked startled.

"Isn't that right, my little bird?"

To the outside world it looked like Grian was just super scared, but Mumbo and Iskall knew better. They could see the pure terror coming off of their boyfriend, and they didn't like it. Not one bit.