Chapter 40: Rocky Road to War

<So I was going to have a scheduled, huh? Well that lasted all of two days before it changed. Anyways, you all have my blessing to remind me that I have schedule so that I get better at using it. Anyways, enjoy this!>

Alastor made his way down to Varity, unaware of a massive shadow following him. Making the now familiar rout down to the lower dungeons he thought about the entire situation he was now in. You see he and Varity had made a plan, that plan was for Alastor to deliver a potion in gas form which would quicken the time which it would take for the Hermits to wake. He had just potion and was ready to put it to use.

Now why was he helping people he once had tried to kill? Simply; they'd let him live, Fallacy wouldn't. Because as overly prideful as he could be, even he realized that the group of servermates were the only chance he had at getting out of this situation alive.

Squaring his shoulders he walked down the cells, seeing the cell belonging to Varity coming into view. The contained deity thrilled softly as they saw him. "Ah! Lâche, I see you finished the potion already?"

Alastor gave a sharp nod at that. "Yes I have. Do you want me to use it?" After receiving a nod of conformation he turned around to the cell with the sleeping group of Hermits and Evolutionists, but just as he was about to throw the bottle he faltered. "Varity? Are three of them missing?"

The owl hummed, clawed finger tapping against the wall of their cell. "Three of the Hermits are indeed missing."

"How?"

"I let them out." Chirped Varity brightly, smoothing down some of their breast feathers. "A demon, creeper and zombie. Odd trio, aren't they?"

"Yes they are, I suppose." Mumbled Alastor absentmindedly, eyes still focused on the empty spaces. "But how did you let them out?"

"I have no idea." Said Varity, making the wolf in front them whirl around with a shocked face.

"What do you mean you have no idea?!" Shouted Alastor. "You're the one who did it!"

"My dear Lâche, magic is not a truth I can explain." Chuckled the tan owl, their feather ears twitching in amusement.

The blond growled, tail swishing in agitation. "I meant by what means you let them out. You could have just said "magic", ya fuckin' bird."

Varity let out a quiet laugh before motioning for the former Vex to continue with what he was doing. The blond did so, and with a quick flick of his arm the gas filled bottle hit the floor of the cell, filling the room with smoke quickly.

The bottle wasn't the only thing to hit the floor though, as Alastor's back painfully made contact with the floor when a massive dark purple clawed paw slammed into his chest.

The masked man's breath quickened as a large draconic head leaned forwards, blowing hot puffs of air into his face.

Alastor was terrified. Because he was face to face with someone who's had a lot of names, but for simplicity let's just call him Rook.

Rook, the shadow of a person Grian "Xelqua" Void once was.

-<[«»]>- Scene change -<[«»]>-

Tango dangled his feet merrily as he waited for his two companions to come back from their hunting trip.

The three escapees had traveled for about a full day before deciding it was a good idea to set up camp, they didn't know if there was permadeath in this world or not. Tango had been assigned setting up camp, and Cleo and Doc on hunting.