Chapter 63: How do I know you?

Rook looked into the red eyes of the dark haired man in front of him, a sense of safety and recognition sparking in his mind as he kept eye contact with the other. He knew this person, yet he could not remember a single thing about him. It confused him to no end, a feeling that was showing through the tilt of his head, but that didn't help Rook figure out the mystery of this dark haired man.

Though all thoughts to figure out who this was pushed back when the green one on the floor groaned, the man came out of unconsciousness. He gave the stocky man a few gentle nudges, as if to gently coax him into an awake state. And by the sight of a brown eye blinking open, still glazed over by having them closed so long, it seems to have worked. But that was not all that was in his eyes, pain shone in them too, but as he caught sight of Rook's face his eyes were filled with another thing, relief. "Told you we'd get you back." He wheezed, a strained grin forming on his face.

Rook did not know what the man was referring to, but the tone and sentiment was not lost on him, these men had searched for him, and they had now finally found him. So he rubbed his snout against the laying man's face, completely dwarfing it in size, but neither minded. The first man squeezed up to them, placing one hand on Rook's snout and the other on the other man's cheek, a relieved sigh leaving his mouth as he gazed down at the other, "I'm so relieved to see you awake again Iskall! Thank god you had those potions with you."

"Thank your own spoon self," The brown eyed man -Iskall apparently, the name fit him- laughed, "I keep them with me for you after all!"

The dragon cooed down at the two, the banter felt so natural to hear to him, like it was just another daily thing, but there was never any banter around the islands.

At the thought of the islands Rook's head shot up and towards where he knew Fallacy to be sitting, did they know anything about these two men? The thought made him sniff in disdain, for some reason it did not feel like a right thing to ask them. He looked down at Iskall and the red eyed man, cooing to get their attention. Once he had it he motioned up towards Fallacy, a questioning tilt to his head. Rook huffed when they just looked in confusion, the one not on the ground trying to look over at what he had motioned towards. So he leaned his head down, and with a jerk of his head signal for the dark haired man to get on, and after a second of hesitation he set himself down on the dark scaled neck. Rook lifted his head, once more motioning towards Fallacy.

He was just sitting down when the arms wrapped around him tightened, and with a rumble of surprise he watched the armored man drop down to the ground in a tumble. At first he'd thought the man had dropped in surprise, Fallacy could be quite a sight to see after all, but based on how he was happily talking in rapid whispers to Iskall before rushing ahead of Rook, hand waving in the air, that was not the case. It took the violet eyed dragon a second to figure out what he was waving at, until a bunch of people came walking over.

In seconds Rook was in a defensive position, teeth bared as a deep growl verbated low in his throat. And only due to the dark haired man stepping in front of the group did he not kill them in a blaze of fire, "Don't hurt them! They're friendly!" And when Rook did not budge he tried again, "Please, they just want to help Iskall!" Then Rook allowed them to pass. Well, most of them at least. Because within seconds he had the bearded one trapped under his paw, fire building up in his throat.

He distantly heard multiple cries of "Cub!" around him, but his blazing eyes were only on the man under his paw. This man, his scent was on Iskall, he'd hurt Iskall! He pressed down harder, ears twitching at the sound of the chest-plate breaking under the weight.

"Grian please stop! You're hurting him, you're hurting him!" Rook twitch at the name, eyes turning back to find the red eyed man's eyes wide with horror, and he flattered under the look. But looking farther back at Iskall, arm butchered to the point of no return, made him push all of that down. The person responsible for that needed to pay for it.