Chapter 67: The setting of the Red Moon

Grian groaned as he rubbed his head -still pounding from whatever the hell just happened to him. All he remembered was being trapped in some weird, black void, with flashes of his friends and other people and things, and then suddenly everything flashed as his head started to pound against his skull, and now he was in some weird white like void. It reminded him of the infinity room, only this was something completely different. It was like he was in a space with no gravity, which was very scary to him and only because his feet were on the floor did he not panic, because if you floated away and did a spin there was a chance you'd never find the ground again. So Grian made sure to not make any drastic moves, choosing to keep the chance of not floating away into the void as high as he could. He didn't know where he was - he assumed it was the same space he'd been in as he saw those memories/flashbacks but how it looked without them being active - but he did know he had to get out, because he could still feel that he was alive - and he had a promise to keep.( I̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶m̶i̶s̶e̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶l̶o̶v̶e̶s̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶m̶i̶s̶e̶

He grinned his clawed feet against the ground, seeing what kind of damage they did, only to be disappointed when not even a scratch appeared. Next he tried blowing fire at it, which took him longer to figure out how to do it than he'd like to admit, and that only charred the ground. Well at least he knew where the ground was now. Lastly he tried slamming his tail at the ground, thinking that it would work better than his hands - as well as being more powerful. And to his delight he actually felt something move, maybe not by much but it still moved. He grins at his victory but it quickly falls as a dark shape appears in the white void, growing bigger as it grows closer. And he physically recioled as the massive form of Rook stepped towards him, ice blue eyes watching him camly, posture sure and calm, all ounces of the beast Fallacy had controlled gone.

The two looked at each other in tense silence for a long time, violet and ice locked together. It was Rook who broke eye contact, as he bowed down and knelt head bowed low. Now Grian didn't know anything about dragons, but his new hybrid status had given him some of the instinct of one. Which meant he vaguely recognized the kneeling as one of an apology, all feet still on the ground but body lowered down and head bowed.

"Rook...what are you doing here? How are you here?" Grian finally asked, body still tense and ready for an attack even though he'd gotten the dragon's apology.

"You and me are one being, I made from you." The dragon answered, head now raised again, "We are one, so if you escape this place then so do I." He then let out a low growl, "I wish Fallacy their demise as much as you wish it, and I have people I want to properly meet."

"Iskall and Mumbo." Grian realized after a second of thought, he remembers the dragon's thoughts and emotions about the two - he was at least happy to know his love for the two was strong enough to transfer to a being who had never even met them properly before.

"Mumbo? So that's the Red eyed one's name." Rook hummed, "It oddly suits him." The dragon soon shook off the pleasant conversion, instead focusing back on the task of escaping, "Anyways, as I was saying, I wish to help you get free - in turn freeing me with you."

"But what will happen to you?" Grian wondered, violet eyes looking up at the dragon with mild concern, "Technically you've been using my body, which is one thing, but now there's two of us. How will that work?"

Rook shifted on his paws at that, "As I said, we are two made from one, me from you. When we get out of here we will both return to the same body, as it is both our body, but you will be in charge - unless you allow me the control to take over, otherwise I will be nothing but a voice in the back of your head."