Chapter 23: Scintilla

Grian and his team walked out of the portal and onto an open field filled with wool marks on the ground. A build or redstone testing field, his mind supplied. Though he was leaning more towards building, the markers were far too close to be designed for redstone contraptions.

He walked towards the hill that was up ahead, motioning for his team to follow. And as they approach the top of the hill a walled in kingdom came into view, "The Glaelle (gla-eje) kingdom, doesn't look all to secure," hummed Grian, eyes glinting as he spotted a duo of guards patrol the wall.

He sneered, pathetic. How could his fa - Captain Void, call that acceptable defenses? He was known for stationing to many guards, but never to few. Was he not making the patrol schedules?

Deciding to get answers he leaped off the hill and took flight. Moving fast he quickly reached the guards, they let out surprised yelps as he rammed his wings into them. Knocking them down, down the wall for one of the two. And judging by the loud crunch and lack of pained sounds, it was safe to say he wasn't getting back on the wall anytime soon.

The remaining soldier cowered on the ground, and Grian was pretty sure his shaking could be heard all over the kingdom. It amused him, and it amused him greatly. If every soldier was like this then he might as well take over the entire kingdom right now!

Shaking his head, he smiled down at the soldier. The smile wasn't nice, it was cruel and crazed. And that was with Grian restraining how much he was showing. A growl like laugh left his mouth, mind filled with ideas of what he could do to the young soldier.

He broke out of his thoughts by Antlia saying, "You can't kill him, we need to know where Captain Void is"

Grian huffed out a breath at this, purple eyes flashing light blue as he hoisted the man up by his armor. He bared his teeth at the soldier, eyes narrowing, "You heard her, where is he? I'll let you live if you tell me"

"You won't," spat the man, fear in his voice but bravery in his eyes, "You'll kill me no matter what. And I won't die a traitor"

"Loyal," hummed Grian, but an overly sweet smile soon took over his face, "And you're right, you'll end up dead no matter what," Grian pulled the soldier close, eyes now fully ice blue, "I'm just offering to make it quick, but of course I can make it long and painfully if you don't wish to give me his whereabouts"

"No need for that," interrupted Orion, "We already have his location, he's at his brother's house. He'll be heading home in a few minutes"

"Excellent," purred Grian, dropping the man he was holding to the ground. He looked down at the soldier with his head tilted to the side, "Now what to do with you?"

The soldier cowered, terrified about what his fate would be. Grian suddenly snapped his fingers, and idea entering his mind, "I know what to do!"

Grian made the man stand up, soon after he stood the dirty blond started tearing up the armor with his dragon hand, cutting the armor like butter. After cutting off the chest armor, the only armor he removed, he made the man lay on his stomach, "Hold still darlin', this will only hurt for a short while," he then brought up his foot, before slamming it down onto the mans back.

He grinned as a sickening crunch was followed by a pained gasp, the soldier tried to make a sound but nothing came out. He wanted to scream, cry, but his body wouldn't allow him too. And soon his breathing slowed until it was no more.

"Now that he's dealt with, let's go get the Void!" chirped Grian happily, a wide smile on his face. Just by seeing it you wouldn't have known he just killed a man mere seconds before. But appearances were often deceiving, and this was no different.

"I'll stay and protect the portal," grunted Iagos, "We don't want any going into it, plus I'm not the best at hiding"

The rest of the group agreed with this, and so they headed off to go get Xenagoras whilst Iagos remained at the portal.

Along the way Grian started talking about random stuff, quietly to the group of course, "Why does respawning only work on some servers? Why not on the big ones? I mean, the Hypixel server is big and that still has respawn, so why not others?"

"Because Hypixel's server was man made, the other big servers your referring to are the original realms. Worlds that existed long before we figured out how to make servers and worlds with respawn," said Orion, just as quiet as the other, "And we should see him leave the house just in front of us any time now"

As if summoned Xenagoras walked out, red coat fluttering lightly as he walked away. Something deep within Grian stirred, terror bleed of whatever it was when it looked at the tall Void. But it was also angry, it wished harm upon the man in front of him you could even say. Fear wasn't something he could work with, but anger he could. So focusing everything into the rage he lunged, teeth on full display as he acted on instinct. His team tried to stop him, but they were all too slow. And soon the Void dragon was upon the Void, sharp teeth buried deep in the elders neck and claws clawing at any part they could reach. It was terrifying to witness, since it looked really gruesome with all the blood running down Xenagoras body.

"He's so gonna regret that when he gets his mind back," whispered Liz, ears twitching anxiously.

"Definitely," whispered Antlia back, dark green eyes filled with worry, "Even I could tell he hated killing, no matter what they've done"

Liz nodded at that, it sounded like the Grian she expect him to be when not under Fallacy's control, "But I have to be honest, I don't really mind Xenagoras dying, that son of a bitch had it coming"

Orion couldn't agree more, children were precious and where not to be harmed. And that man had not only hurt a child, but also permanently scared them. And not to sound childish, but that was a big no-no in his book.

They were brought out of their musings by a thud. And looking over they could see Xenagoras lifeless form on the ground, a grinned wide-eyed Grian above him. The dragon's eyes were blown wide, glowing icy blue. Blood covered his mouth and hands, and it was dripping and spreading onto the rest of his body.

Grian was brought out of his post-kill bliss (which kinda worried him, why was he feeling so good about killing someone?) when a horrified gasp sounded behind him. He whipped his head around to come face to face with a creeper hybrid, he distantly remembered her name as Lina.

Though there was also this tugging in his heart, like he wanted to reach out to the two. He didn't know why though.

Lina, looked at him with broken yet hopefully eyes as she whispered, "Xelqua?"

Who was Xelqua? He was pretty sure his name was Grian, so why did this creeper think he was this Xelqua person? He didn't get to ask her about it before some very familiar faces appeared out of the house.

The Hermits were here, of course they were.

He growled as he saw them, bloody teeth on full display. He wasn't going to be taken again, never again.

If he couldn't bring Fallacy Xenagoras Void, then he could at least bring them the Hermits. He just hoped he got to watch them die, or maybe even get to kill one himself. Either way he would happy.

He slammed his tail loudly into the ground twice, and the rest of his team paled. That was a signal to get ready for battle, Grian was going to battle his friends. This couldn't end well.

And as he walked out to stand with Grian, Orion couldn't pray any harder for a miracle to happen. Grian couldn't fight his friends, he just couldn't.

And it worked. Grian didn't fight the Hermits, but maybe that would have been better than this.

<<My first real upload back and I give you all a cliffhanger! Aren't I nice? :3

I really like this chapter, cuz I can bring out my vicious writings for once, I never really get to do that often! 

That's all I have to offer for today, so have a wonderful time everyone!>>