Chapter 57: Cabin talks

Conquest has been alive for a very long time, and in that time he's seen and thought many things. But he was pretty sure this was the first time he really questioned what the hell Death was going at.

Letting out yet another frustrated sigh he cracked a golden eye open, looking out to where War was trying to teach the mortals proper battle worthy moves, "I think being locked away has messed something up with Death." He said this to Famine, who was watching everything with a blasé look on her face as she read a book, "And are you guys sure these are the only people we have?"

The gaunt woman snorted, eyes crinkling up with contained laughter, "As sure as I am thin brother dear, this is the army you have to work with."

"Barely four of them know how to use a sword properly!" Conquest moaned in despair, dragging his hands down his face with a groan, "By the Universe you guys really want me dead."

He let out a yelp when a rock was thrown into his lap, looking up he saw Pestilence with a smirk, "What was that for Len?"

"A warning!" Called the other blonde, eyes shining with amusement as he cackled.

The younger brother straightened up, glaring at the shorter, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"You're making fun of fetuses you fool!" Cried Pestilence, pointedly ignoring the offended sounds coming from the group behind him, "And I'm warning you not to do it again! Or I'm telling Death!"

"From the cabin said horseman yelled out, "There's a thing known as windows you know! And, fun fact, you can open them!" Conquest's eyes widened at the implications, "Yes that means I heard what you said Con!" A second later Death was standing in front of Conquest, glowing orb-eyes glowering down at the armored man, "And who ever said they all needed to be master sword fighters to be able to win?" 

"They'll die," insisted the golden eyed blonde, "They aren't prepared for this! How can they kill Fallacy if they can't swing a sword?"

Death laughed, the sound airy and echoey, "Conquest, darling brother mine, whoever said the only way to kill was with a blade and a swing?" Not waiting for a reply they grabbed the man's chin and turned him to look out on the makeshift training field, or more specifically at Tango. Conquest was confused for all of five seconds before the group of dummies around the fire elemental caught on fire from the circle of flames that appeared under them on the ground. "See? Just as deadly, if not more so. And sure, the final blow will color your golden blade rosier, but that does not mean every other blow has to be like it." Happy with what they've said Death walked off, back to the house and to whatever they were working on before they came out. And just to show up Conquest just that little more they touched one of the trees at the clearing edge, and in a second it, and a lot of area around it, shriveled up and died. Leaving behind a withered area of vegetation, and there were even some particles floating around. Tyrathon trotted up to the dead area and settled down happily, comfortable in the withered area.

Back in the cabin Death once more settled down on the couch, enjoying being able to spread out on the entire thing. From the kitchen table Alastor regarded the horseman, breakfast mostly forgotten, "You're supposed to be a powerful being representing death, right?" Death hummed and affirmative, glancing over to where the blonde was sitting, "Then...can you tell me why I'm still alive?"

"I don't know." Alastor balked at the answer, magenta eyes wide as they regarded the dark clad being. What did they mean, how could they not know? It was in their name for fucks sake! "Don't give me that look child, remember that you're not in my good books."

"Then why not kill me?" The wolf asked despite himself, and cursed himself as soon as the last letter left his mouth. God you don't give people more powerful than you ideas like this!