Chapter 10: First impressions

"Alright, well it all started around a month after the season first stated," began Xeres, "When Grian crashed into a mountain near my house"

—————————————Flashback————————————— (Surprise!)

EX was out looking for sand, he needed glass to make bottles and had completely forgotten to get it when he started building his home. He was turning a corner that would lead him to the mountains facing the main Hermit island when he heard a shout from above. Quickly ducking into a nearby cave he scanned the sky for the source of the shout, he waited a little while before deciding it was safe.

Spoiler alert! It wasn't.

As soon as he walked out of the cave a red blur came tumbling down on him, which knocked the wind out of him whilst also knocking him down.

"I'm so sorry! My elytra just broke and I tried to land safely on the mountain but I tripped and started tumbling down it!" said the person on him in a rush, "Once again I'm sorry!"

"And you'll be even more sorry if you don't get off of me" growled Xeres, annoyed beyond belief. It wasn't like the person was heavy or anything, it just wasn't pleasant to have someone press you down into the ground.

The person quickly scrambled of, muttering sorry's over and over. EX didn't really care for the apologies, he knew the Hermit would take them back once they knew who he was. Everyone did.

As he turned to stand up a hand extended in front of his face, following the arm up he was meet by the face of Grian. Who he only knew how he looked because X accidentally sent a pic of Grian and him in an Ocean monument instead of to Doc, like the big derp he is.

Instead of taking the hand he just stood up by himself, though he did kinda regret it when Grian retracted his hand with a sad face. Xeres didn't know why though, he had never meet Grian before! So why did he feel so bad for making Grian sad? He shook those thoughts out of his head, he'd think about that later. Not now.

"Why are you here?" growled EX, though if you knew him, you could tell there was no real bite behind it.

"As I said, I was practicing my flying" replied Grian, chest puffed out to seem more intimidating. And he was failing horribly, since it was more adorable than anything.

"Flying huh? I'd say it's more like crashing, but whatever makes you sleep at night" sassed EX, and holy shit. He was already comfortable enough with Grian that he was sassing with him? He blamed it on the feeling of familiarity Grian radiated.

"To ground yourself you have to crash first" quoted Grian with a grin, really liking this red clad stranger. He would say 'Red Xisuma' but comparing people isn't nice, so he refrained from doing so.

EX stilled at Grian's words, he remembered that fraise from his father, but why did Grian know it? "Hey, where did you hear that?"

The smaller looked up at the other weirdly, but decided to not ask questions and just answer the question, "I found it in a library once, why do you ask?"

"No reason," said EX, a bit too fast for it to be just for 'no reason', "I've just heard it too and was wondering if you heard it from the same place, but you didn't"

Whatever Grian was going to say was cut off by a loud clap of thunder, and the first drops of rain.

"Rain, wonderful" commented EX sarcastically, "Follow me, you're staying at my place until it stops raining"

"You know, I probably shouldn't follow you," said Grian, following after EX anyways, "But I've got nothing else to do. So lead the way my red friend!"