Chapter 46: Dame Guerre

If you had asked Tango at the start of the year that he would be sitting in front of Lady War in a, surprisingly, ice-themed-kind-of room he would have probably called you insane. And yet here he was, doing just that.

"Why have you three searched me out?" Wondered War, reptilian green eyes looking at them over her shoulder as she calmly fiddled with a saber. "Not many seek out war, much less a war that's connected to the apocalypse." She stopped fiddling with the saber as she looked at them all over cooly. "What do I have that you three all want?"

"Is it okay if we explain from the beginning?" Asked Cleo. She thought that it would all be easier if they told Lady War everything now and not later, you know so they don't have to stop mid conversation to explain some vital part.

The drake nodded at them. "I find that to be a reasonable thing to do." She then sat down on a chair -they were in a massive living room (but like so much not a living room) with many lounge spaces. The three Hermits were sitting on a L shaped couch, each getting one corner, with a big stone coffee table in between them and where War was sitting.

And so they explained about all they knew. Of what Fallacy had done to Grian, to them, the power they possessed and how they got here. "The person who brought us here, Varity, said that we could kill Fallacy with the help of Conquets' sword. And that's why we're here, to get you as well as your fellows into one place to summon Conquest."

Lady War looks thoughtful when they finish, and Monres thrills softly by her side as he looks up at her. She glanced down at him and placed a hand on his head before looking back up at them. "I will help you. I know of Fallacy, though the one I once knew was not like the one you described." She sighed as she looked off to a wall. "As I said, I will help you all. If not to help save your friends, to save the universe, then to know what happened to them."

"Wait Fallacy wasn't always like this?" Asked and astonished Tango, red eyes wide as he glanced towards his friends. "Why did they change?"

War chuckled humorlessly. "That's what I'm wondering gamin." She then stood up and started walking, motioning with her tail for the three of them to follow, which they did.

"Where are we going?" Asked Doc cautiously, looking around as they walked down pristine beige walls with water fixtures in the walls. It was surprisingly clean for belonging to War. Though to be fair, her armor did look quite a bit like the halls they were walking through. He didn't get an answer, but as soon as they walked through a set of doors at the end of the corridor he had a pretty good idea as to what she had planned for them.

"Mortals," She beggan, twisting to stand face to face with them, face twisted into the home of a shark-like grin. "Welcome to the Forge of War."

Behind the tall woman a crowded, though not overly so, forge was in full action. Though there weren't any actual people working there, only what seems to be crystallized fire and snow in the shape of people. The room was a dark rosewood color and made out of stone with cracks in the stone glowing the same blue of the furnaces fire. On the walls armor and weaponry of all kinds hung, some still shining from the heat that still radiated off of them.

She didn't give them much more time to observe everything before ushering them in. "Okay das gamins, tell me what you need."

"Um, can you elaborate on what you mean by that?" Asked Cleo. The zombie squeaked as she was nearly walked right through by one of the crystal people.

"How many people are you?" Asked Lady War again. She frowned when they took too long, well - at least too long in her opinion, to answer her. "You know what? Take armor and weapons for yourselves, I'll just summon some for your friends and allies later."