Chapter 39: A demon, creeper and zombie go on an adventure

<Hopefully this is the week where my writing schedule get's better! Anyways, sorry that this was late. So enjoy this now! (also, long title is long)> 

Tango doubled over with a gasp, nearly falling onto the floor if it wasn't for Zedaph.

"Tango? What's wrong?" Asked a panicked Zedaph, not understanding why his boyfriends suddenly fell over.

The demon tried to answer him, but all that left him where pained gasps and wheezes. Seeing that talking wasn't working he tried mouthing it, but that was hard because of the gasping.

Zedaph was hyper focused on Tango, which meant he could see the already transparent man fading even more. "Your fading!"

Impulse quickly walked up himself to see it close up, and Tango was most definitely fading. "I think you're waking up."

The blond shook his head violently. If this was waking up then he'd rather sleep through all of eternity, because it's just so painful. He let out a cry that didn't sound human at all, claws digging into the ground.

Zedaph looked over at Impulse with scared eyes. "Are you sure he's waking up? Because I don't feel like he is."

"He's waking up." Reassured Impulse. He didn't know if their boyfriend actually was waking up, but he had to stand sure. If he did then at least Zed would too, and maybe some other Hermit or Evolutionist also.

Doc was now in a similar state as Tango too, but Cleo stood unaffected. Sure she was also fading, but she wasn't keeling over and in pain.

When she brought this up to Joe I didn't really know either. "Maybe it has something to do with how alive you are? Perhaps even with the pain of death. You have lived through dying, so that might be why you are not affected?"

"Perhaps." Hummed Cleo, watching the other two writhe in pain. "Is it bad of me to say that I'm thankful to not be either of them at the moment?"

"Not at all."

No one barely saw what happened next.

One moment Tango and Doc were in pain and the next the room flashed for a second, showing a cell with bodies in it, and then they -along with Cleo- were gone.

"They better be awake." Said Iskall to no one in particular. "Or I swear I'll drag their sorry asses back up here."

<--_--_--_--_--_--_--_-->

Doc woke up with a gasp, eye snapping open as he jerked awake. In other places of the cell Cleo and Tango had similar fates.

"Well, we're certainly awake alright." Commented Cleo, looking over all the bodies of their group. She stood up without much trouble, not feeling stiff at all. So they hadn't been here that long then. "What now?"

"Break out?" Suggested Tango, looking at the bars keeping them in. "It won't really be too hard."

"I recommend against that, petit filou." Cooed a voice.

The threes heads snapped up, looking at the cell in front of them. But it was empty. So they turned their eyes to the cell to its right, and there sat a pale brown humanoid owl. The three stared at them as they looked back, neither side gave up.

Doc finally looked away when too many tears built up in his eyes, making his eyes hurt. "Damnit!"

Tango patted him on the back, also looking away from the owl. "Don't worry man, you couldn't have helpt it."

"Filou's right, you know." Hummed the owl, tone soft as they addressed them. "Humans blink nearly twice as much as an owl, so I'm at an unfair advantage here."