Chapter 24: Old roads walked once more

<<Sorry that this is so late! But I wanted this to be as good as it could be, so please enjoy this 3.8 K word chapter! And check the bottom of the chapter for Xavion and Xenagoras Void's designs>>

Cub growled at the man that stood in front of him, "Alastor"

Alastor grinned down at him, eyes hidden by a steel blue mask, "Hello Cubby, good to see you again!"

Now you may wonder how Cub, and the rest of the Hermits, got here. Well, let's go back to the start of all of this!

—————————————Two days earlier—————————————

"So your telling me that I'm not allowed to punch Uncle Xen when I see him?" asked EX, a minor glare directed at his twin.

"Yes EX," sighed Xisuma, "You can't hit him"

The red clad Void let out an undignified huff, "I get why, but I still think I should be allowed to hit him"

The rest of the Hermits looked on in amusement as the two continued to argue. It was like watching a drama show, but without paying for it. And even though they couldn't see either of the two's faces due to the masks, they could still tell their faces were turning more comical with each moment that passed.

They were all gathered in the base floor of Grian's base waiting for Markus to finish the potion.

The Hermits who had went to get the horn had arrived back at base just a few minutes ago, Xisuma throwing down his trident into the ground as soon as he arrived. Many gaped in shock as they saw a hole open in the floor, the admin jumped down as soon as it opened. And soon after he was down it closed. Leaving the Hermits to wait for him, or someone else, to come up.

In the meantime they all got introduced to NPG, Rodger had finally managed to get the rustic loving, demon powered, robot out of Tango's arms and was now cuddling him to his chest. But NPG couldn't be happier, not only was he out of the closet, but he was also meeting new people! Hopefully they knew how to build rustic houses, it was ok if they didn't tough! He'd just teach them how to build them later!

Eventually X returned, and EX followed soon after. And even then they were still arguing, and that's how they got here now. Their arguing had progressively gotten louder and they where now shouting loudly.

The Hermit where at this point a little worried, it looked like those two weren't letting up any time soon. And that wasn't a good thing.

Thankfully their argument was stopped when a trident flew in between them and a voice roared, "What is going on here?!"

Everyone turned to look at the origin of both the sound and of the weapon. In front of the Nether portal stood Doc, hand outstretched to catch the trident that was flying back, "Well?!"

"EX wants to kill Uncle Xenagoras, but I'm not letting him," glowered Xisuma, glare very visible through the purple visor of his helmet.

"He deserves it," hissed EX, his already low voice going even lower, "We both know he does"

Sensing that another fight was about to break out Doc intervened, "Alright, enough of that! Can you tell me why your discussing this? From what I've gathered you haven't seen him since you left. Why the sudden talk of him?"

"Dad has invited me and EX to a family gathering back home, and Uncle Xen will be there," said Xisuma with a small shrug of his shoulders.

Doc was nodding along until he thought back to the name, "Hey, X?" The admin looked up at creeper, an acknowledging hum leaving his lips, "Your uncle wouldn't happen to be the leader of your kingdoms guard?"