Chapter 14: A brother

"Can you get us to Grian?" asked Xisuma, looking up at the cloaked person, "Or do you at least know where he is?"

"I know where he was," said Death, correcting his mask to sit straight on his face, "But he's been moved from that place, so we'll have to find another way"

"Wonderful!" sneered Doc, throwing up his arms, "Our one chance of finding Grian, and they don't know where to go. This is going great"

"I wouldn't say that, there is another way," said Death, "Isn't that right Xisuma?"

The admin froze up as all eyes turned to him, how could they know?! There was no way anyone, except maybe Scar, even had the slightest knowledge of the potion Markus was making, "There is," was the Voids simple answer, still tense, "But how do you know about it?"

"I have my ways," chuckled Death, they forgot how fun it was to mess with people, "Plus you underestimate how much magic aura blood potions give of"

"A blood potion?" asked Cub, a thoughtful expression on his face, "Is that what I've been feeling for the past few minutes?"

"That depends," said the Death, turning to look at the lab coat wearing Vex, "What are you feeling?"

"I feel," he paused to think, browns scrunching up in concentration, "I feel a sense of family, weirdly enough"

"It's not as weird as you'd believe," said Death smiling, and everyone knew there was a smile somewhere under that mask, "Your feeling the Perdidit in sanguinem potion, I'm sure your familiar with it"

"Lost in blood?" translated Wels, "How could that help us? And what does it do?"

Doc gasped as Wels said the name of it, and everyone turned to look at him, "I know what it is"

Death smirked as the Hermits and Evolutionists edged the creeper hybrid to tell them, "C'mon Doc! Tell us what it does!"

"It, it uses the blood of the family to find someone, it's borderline illegal like all blood potions are. But how can it help us?" asked Doc, looking up at Death with narrowed eyes, "It requires blood, family blood, and Grian doesn't have any blood family"

"Your right about everything except the last part," said Death, much to everyone's confusion. Grian not having any blood family was one of the most known facts about him, and it's not true? "He actually does have blood family that's still alive"

"Be that as it may," said Doc, a light growl underlining each word, "He still needs to know their his family, and they have to know he's their family. The chances of that happening are like, point one percent!"

"Then I suppose the odds are in our favor then," grinned Death, "Because we fill all the requirements to make the potion work"

Doc gaped at them for a few seconds before snapping his mouth shut with a growl, "Why should I trust you? You just feel out of the sky claiming to have been with Grian, what is to say your not lying?"

A lot of the Hemrits looked at Doc in confusion, why was he suddenly so defensive? And why the sudden switch?

Death bent down to look the creeper in the eyes, "Child, why do you not celebrate at the chances of seeing Grian again? Is not he your friend?"

The creeper snapped at Death's last words, a loud predatory growl leaving him, "How dare you question my friendship with Grian?! Who do you think you are?!" he was by this point holding the hood of Death's cloak and looking them right in the eyes of the mask at this point, "Why should I trust you? Hmm? Why?"