Chapter 22: What a whammy!

False shot at a Vex and hit it straight through its chest, and just as she had wished it stuck to the wall right behind it. And even though the small mob could phase through walls it was so disoriented to do so, which gave Impulse and Tango just enough time to cut of its wings.

It let out a shrill shriek as it puffed out of existence, only leaving the two cuts of wings to show it even existed in the first place.

"That was easier than I imagined," said Impulse with a smile, placing a 'well done' kiss on Tango's cheek, "Should we go help the others?"

False looked over to where the rest of the group where, some fighting the main raid, and Stress had a ravager frozen in place by ice whilst Xisuma and Wels worked on getting it's horn. How Stress was keeping it in place False didn't know, nor did she want to find out.

"I think they'll be fine," she said eventually with a little shrug, "They'll call if they need us"

So that's why the trio was now flying back to Hermit Land to get to a portal to then return to base, though it was more like the duo since Tango was hitching a ride with Impulse. And said Hermit really questions how he's able to still fly with the demon on his back, eh, must be a dragon thing (Dragon Impulse for the win!).

As they approach the towering build they could all tell something was different, the atmosphere was so much more somber then when they left. This put them all on edge, had something happened whilst they were gone?

That landed on the outside ring of the base and walked up to the edge to peer down at the inside. Everything seemed normal at first, Joe was writing and Cleo was sitting in a corner with a tiny armor stand in front of here with the book open. But looking closely they could see how stiff she was and how she kept turning to look at Joe, so something must have happened. But what? Joe looked fine, and it was obvious that whatever happened, it happened to him.

The trio shared a look with one another, time to see what the deal is with those two.

The three Hermits jumped down and landed gracefully for the most part (and no, falling directly on the top of your head is not grace Tango). False decided to tackle Cleo, whilst Impulse went to talk with Joe, and Tango went down to deliver the ingredients.

"Hey, what's up?" asked False, plopping down next to her redheaded friend.

Cleo put down her book as she turned to face the blond, "Joe's hurt"

"Uh," False wasn't expecting that, but she quickly recovered, "He's hurt? Then why isn't he getting medical attention?"

Cleo let out a deep sigh as she glanced over at Joe, concern dancing in her eyes, "The bleeding has stopped and the wound isn't hurting him anymore, plus he claims to be fine. But I think some part of him feels like he doesn't deserve to get it looked at"

"What?" hissed False in alarm, that didn't sound like Joe at all! "What are you talking about?"

"It's not my story to tell, you'll have to talk to him about it," Cleo picked up the book again and opened it up, "Now if you'll excuse me, I have a mini order to finish"

False stood up and walked away to let her friend work, and more specifically she walked over to Impulse who was also heading up to here, and he looked quite worried.

"So I figured out what's up," said Impulse, folding his arms over his chest.

"Good, because Cleo didn't say much," breathed False, relieved to get some answers, "Care to share with the class?"

"Well, turns out tha-" started the dragon, but he was interrupted by a loud squeal and Tango running out of somewhere with a giggling red humanoid shaped bundle in his arms, a screaming Rodger hot on his heels, "Tango? What's going on?"