Chapter 59: Kingdom of lies

Today was the day. Today they'd attack Fallacy, a final fight to get back what had been ripped from them. Xiusma stood at the helm, looking every bit the leader he was. Scattered in rippling half-moon Evolutions and Hermits stood, standing mixed as one allied unit. Overseeing it all was the Horseman, all mounted on their respective steeds, weapons drawn at the ready. The air itself crackled with anticipation, rigid and twisting with tension and magic.

Iagos, Liz, Antlia, and Alastor were split up on either side of the portal frame, geared up for battle just like everyone else. They had been adamant that Alastor stayed, as he was yet to fully heal up, but the man had refused. Scar and him had argued for a long time, but in the end the wolf got his wish.

Conquest and Death walked up to the tall admin, stalking around the group that separated them. "Are we ready?" Questioned Conquest, gold eyes borrowing into Xisuma's own.

"Yes." He answered shortly, glazing over his shoulder he met the gazes of both Iskall and Mumbo, their eyes burning with determination, "Yes we are."

The taller gave a sharp nod, "Good, let's go then." Conquest motioned for the four at the portal to grab on, and as soon as they had he ignited it, the portal flaring up a deep blood red. He inclined his head to Death, "The floor is yours."

Giving a nod at their younger Death walked up to the front, Xisuma walking off to give them centerstage fully, "I will not say much, for truthfully I do not have much to say, but I will remind you all that this battle is either do or die. And we'd rather avoid you dying. So we have a little something for you all." Waving their hand in seemingly meaningless patterns, black and white runes carved themselves into the air, cutting through the air swiftly and soundlessly, before a crate took its place, "Knock yourselves out, I feel like you'll need it all."

Doc wandered up to the crate and cracked it open, giving out a triumphant cry as he saw what was inside, "It's totems!" A mad scramble followed his words, eyes of all colors shining in the glint of all the golden objects laying in a big pile. A line was organized, each person getting an equal amount and then the rest that were left over was split among the people who needed them the most.

Doing their magic Death fastned the totems into the armor, leaving their hand free to hold something else, and so that they didn't have to waste time equipping a new one.

Conquest nudged Xisuma, motioning at the group and then at the portal. The admin didn't need to be told twice before he was shouting out, "Get the last of your prep done in the next minute! We're heading out." He waited, eyes scanning over the assembled group critically, "Everyone done?" receiving confirmation in the positives he nodded sharply, "Excellent. Now, time to go save Grian!" Cries answered his shout, all just as determined as he was.

Stepping into the portal was both the most nerve wracking thing ever, but stepping out into eerie silence took the cake from it just soon after. It was like a ghost town, no sign of life other than them. Of course there was still the wind, which was now snapping against their skin in violent thrashes, the flags at the top of the base slapping at the sky in harsh waves as the wind continued its assault.

They cautiously made their way up to the castle, the former Fallacy followers leading the way with old ease.

Every hallway felt like it could hold danger, yet they were always cold, and empty of life. For a while they assumed that maybe no one was there, which wouldn't be the nicest after all the prep they'd done, but as they looked out at the courtyard they got their answer as to where Fallacy's army was.

Out on the massive yard thousands of soldiers stood, and shadows and other creatures flanked their sides. And standing in front of everyone was Shard, all six glowing red eyes traveling over the army as they said something the group were too far away to hear.