Chapter 28: Dearly departed

<Alright everyone, this chapter is signaling the slow return of me after 2 days away. It's been a nice two days away,and I've done some fun stuff! Like read old Glee fanfics and such. Anyways I'm getting of topic. Uploads will resume but I can't promise one every week, but I'll try.

Ok that's enough of that, please enjoy this everyone!>

Death watched as Reapers and other beings of death wander around the main hall of the underworld castle. His masked face switched between who he watched from time to time.

It had only been a few short minutes that they'd been back, but they already wanted to get back out there and help. But they knew they couldn't, no matter how much they wanted to.

They were brought out of their thoughts by the clearing of a throat behind them. Turning they came face to face with a demon, the dark skinned entity's glowing red eyes looked at Death with a tiny bit of uncertainty, "My lord, we're having trouble with one of our new arrivals. And his wife is raising hell to in the afterlife."

"What kind of trouble?" Asked Death, "You usually have no trouble sorting someone, so what's so different with this one?"

The demon shifted a bit, clawed feet nervously clawing at the ground, "Er-well the problem is that he's being honest when claiming innocence, but when we look at the things he did in life we can clearly see that he isn't innocent. We suspect mind control, but we can't find anything to really prove it."

Death frowned at that, only powerful magic could do such a thing. But who could have done it, and why?

"Can I get his file? I'd like to take a look for myself."

The demon nodded and pulled out a file from thin air, "Here it is my Lord."

Death took it with their magic, the file didn't look any different then any other. It was semi thick, so it was probably someone who was around fifty or something. They turned it over and almost dropped it as they saw the name on the file: Xenagoras Zackorith Void.

Grian's father might have been mind control? Death couldn't believe it. Hell, they almost sent him to hell or something similar right then and there. But they stopped themselves. These files were created by the person's soul itself, they couldn't be changed or lied in. So there was a chance Xenagoras was mind controlled. But by who? And why did it never look like he was being controlled in all of the memories they'd seen of him?

Death frowned, seems like they needed to go have a talk with the newly dead Void, "Take me to him, I need a few answers from him directly."

The demon bowed before straightening up and leading Death through the halls of the dead (as they liked to call their castles walls) to the soul chambers. That was the place where unclear cases were sent to be judged before being sent off properly to the afterlife.

The doors opened automatically as Death neared, sensing that they wished to enter said room. Eyes turned to look at the two of them entering, some with fear and shock (the people being judged) and others with respect and slight confusion (the Soul Judges and demons). Death paid them all no mind, focusing instead on the red clad man sitting isolated in a dark corner.

The man looked up as they approached, red eyes glinting with a deep sadness that Death wasn't expecting, "Xanagoras Void, I hear you're having a bit of trouble getting through."

It wasn't a question, just a simple statement.

"I am," said Xenagoras, "No one truly believes what I say, nor do they let me explain or look back in my memories to see that I'm not lying." He was glaring daggers at the demon who went to get Death, said demon just scoffed and looked away with a sneer.