Chapter 29: Conquest and Verity

<I shall say this now; I haven't told you the whole truth surrounding Death and their family. There is more then what I've already said, there's something I've kept hidden. That's all I wanted to say. Please enjoy the rest of the chapter!>

Grian sat on the edge of the hospital wings white bed, eyes not really focused on anything. His mind was a whirlwind, thoughts rushing past faster then he could fully comprehend. The past twenty four hours had done nothing but give him headaches, especially after he was left alone in the hospital wing.

It had been around two hours since he and his team were brought back, and an hour since they left. Why he couldn't leave he didn't understand, he was the least hurt out of them! The healers said it was because of his DNA makeup, but he failed to see how being part dragon could possibly make him more susceptible to get hurt.

A few minutes later the healer looking over him, a tall woman with deep red hair, came back and gave him the all clear to leave.

"Finally." Snapped Grian, eyes flashing ice blue. The woman took a step back in fear, head bowed and a quiet apology leaving her mouth.

He took a calming breath and decided to just walk out, tail swishing agitatedly behind him. Grian walked back to his room in the fastest way he could, taking any shortcuts he knew existed and jumping up multiple steps at a time.

He soon reached his room and walked in, shutting the door with his tail. He huffed out a breath, falling into the bed as soon as he was in safe falling distance of it.

Grian tried to move into a comfortable position, but his clothes kept making it impossible to properly relax. So he shed himself of the clothes and changed into a pair of loose shorts instead. Flopping down again he burrows himself comfortably into the covers. A content rubble, that vaguely sounds like a purr, vibrates in his chest as he basked in the warmth and comfort of the cover. But even with though content with how he was at the moment, something still felt of, like something was missing. Placing it on Alastor not being here and having been away from the bed for over a year, he chose to ignore the feeling.

Sleep soon overtook him, and he let himself fall into the comforting darkness.

Alastor walked in a few minutes later, hesitating as he walked in. He didn't want to have to play pretend to get what he wanted, but if he stopped then he'd end up no better than Xenagoras Void, so that wasn't an option. So how would he get out of this? There was literally no way for him to escape, but there must be something!

Instead of going to bed, like he was originally planning to, he moved to the private library in their apartment like room. If Fallacy has such power, then they must have an opposite to oppose them. And he had a feeling that someone wasn't Death.

Was it one of Death's siblings? Possibly, but unlikely. A Void maybe? Fallacy did seem to have something against the family, but that might just be because the Void's are direct descendants of the Universe.

Alastor went to the section containing all of the books about old legends, searching for something that could contain what he needed. After a minute of looking he found a book that seemed to hold promise, it was called "Beings of legend". Pretty straight forward title, so hopefully he'd find something in it.

He opened the leather bound book and quickly flipped through the pages, skimming each text as he went. Many names passed by, some familiar and some not.

Though one caught his interest. He had just started on the "F" section. He had passed Fallacy's section a while back, it contained nothing about an opposite like expected, but it was a section a bit after that which he was interested in.