Chapter 3 (edited)

When we came into the city, it was already dark, so we decided to stay in a destroyed, abandoned building we found on a corner of a street. But, of course, someone from the group needed to go out and kill.

20 minutes before

''Jeff, there's NO WAY I am letting you to go killing TONIGHT!'' yelled Masky.

''And why the fuck not?! I am tired of waiting! I haven't killed a guy from the day we left the mansion!!'' Jeff yelled back.

''What if somebody catches you? If our theory is correct, people have some kind of powers here! We will be risking everything!''

''Whatever! You're not my mom, asshole! I can do whatever I want, you can't stop me! And I swear, some blood needs to be spilled tonight and I don't care who's it gonna be!''

Meanwhile, me and Jane were just sitting on the mattresses in the corner of the room, that were already there. I don't wanna know who sat on them before me, I just wanted to sit down on something comfy.

Don't judge me.

''Can't they scream even louder? Maybe then someone will hear us'' I mumbled. She looked at me with a shrug.

''Yeah. But Masky is right. We can't risk it just yet. We don't know what the people here can do. If they indeed have powers, it will be harder to kill them and run away without being caught. Sure, we have powers too, but we really don't know how to use them. Especially that crackhead over there'' she said pointing at Jeff, who was still arguing with Masky.

''But then again...I would love to go too'' she grumbled. I chuckled; but then I got an idea.

''What if two people go? They would be in less danger...'' I wondered a little too loud, so Masky and Jeff heard it too, stopping their arguing. Masky thought about it, then sighed.

''If you want to go killing tonight, you'll have to go with someone''

''WHA-''

''And that somebody will be Scarlet'' he stated. Now I started in protesting too.

''Why me?! We're just gonna kill each other!''

''Yeah, why do I have to go with that Demon bitch! I can handle myself without her help!'' We complained. We were arguing so much, we haven't noticed Hoodie, now getting extremely annoyed, fed up with our shit.

''GUYS JUST SHUT UP FOR A SECOND!''

We stopped and slowly turned at Hoodie, actually shaken up. Even Masky didn't expect that.

'Damn. I didn't know he could raise his voice like that'

'You're not alone' agreed Skyler.

Hoodie sighed loudly to show his annoyance and pinched the bridge of his nose that was hiding behind his mask.

''Jeff, if you really NEED to go, you'll go with Scarlet and that's final. I don't wanna hear any complains" he stated, irritated.

''But why me?'' I whined.

''You are the only one who already had some kind of power. You had and still have Skyler. You know how to control it. Jeff and us don't know. Now you get my point?'' he asked.

''Fine'' I sighed, nodding.

''Wait I didn't-''

''WE'RE GOING JEFF!'' he grumbled something under his breath, but followed.

Present time

And that's how I got here. In the middle of an unknown city, with this stupid Joker-wannabe next to me. His appearance did change, so he looked like a normal guy; but that nickname won't abandon him while I am alive.