Chapter 24 (edited)

"AND NOW, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, IT'S TIME FOR THE NEXT FIGHT OF THE FIRST ROUND!" Present Mic cheered into his microphone.

"AND WHO IS FIGHTING, YOU MIGHT ASK? WELL, LET'S SEE! ON THE LEFT WE HAVE A STUDENT FROM CLASS 1A HERO COURSE, MOMO YAOYOROZU!"

The people cheered on as the dark-haired girl came into the arena.

Then Present Mic introduced her opponent, Tokoyami Fumikage;  as the Bird-headed male came in, his hands crossed. 

---

''So, who's gonna win this one? A human 3D Printer or a literal Chicken?" Jane sighed in boredom, her head leaning on my shoulder and my head laying on her head.

''No clue, but Emo bird could. He has like that shadow bird thingy, right?" I questioned, earning a nod.

''Yeah, then I think he'll win this one"

---

''ALRIGHT! WITHOUT ANY DELAY, LET THIS MATCH....

... BEGIN!"

Immediately, Tokoyami called out Dark Shadow, catching Momo off guard. She quickly created a shield as the Shadow flew closer, attacking and pushing her back, dangerously close to the arenas edge.

She used her shield to protect her, however it didn't take long for Shadow to destroy it. Without wait, she made a new one.

But with the constant attacks from the shadow, she didn't have any chance in offense. Right now, all her attention was on defense.

And that was the biggest mistake she could've done.

As the shield got destroyed again, she went to create a new one. But she noticed that Dark Shadow suddenly just... stopped attacking.

She took the chance to create a pole in her other hand, ready to fight back when...

''Yaoyorozu is out of bounds! The winner of this match is Tokoyami!" Midnight announced, making Momos eyes widen.

She looked down to see one of her feet out of the arena. Making the shield and pole disappear, sadly looking back at Tokoyami, who was going to his tunnel, before turning around, making her way out of the arena. 

She didn't show her potential as a future hero.

---

''Looks like you were right about the winner, but that was rather lame on Momos part" Jane chuckled.

''It was fucking lame AND pathetic" Jeff voiced quite loudly from behind us, making few of our classmates look at him.

''Come on! She tried her best! And that's all that matters!" Kirishima was quick to speak up.

''Her best?! What did she do? Create a shitty shield! That's all! She didn't even fight back! And 'all that matters'? Are you blind?! Heroes are here to scope for potential apprentices, not for someone that can't fight back!" Jeff anwered, scowling.