Chapter 25 (edited)

Me and Jane were walking back to our balcony, because the 2nd round was going to start in like 10 minutes, when we heard someone talking.

Two people; one voice was familiar, the other not so much.

I stopped Jane with my arm, carefully looking into a hallway on our left. I saw Greenie and...

''Wait... is that.... Endeavor?"

I've seen this guy on the TV every once in a while, but I didn't imagine he was this tall! Seriously, he was a moving mountain!

Sure, Slender is much taller, but let's say that this guy has much more...muscle on him, giving him an appearance of a said mountain.

It seems that my proclamation wasn't as silent as I thought, because Jane immediately slapped her hand on my mouth and pulled me back to hide. 

I'm sure I saw his eyes travel our direction and if Jane didn't pull me towards her, he would see me.

Jane held me in place for a second or two, making sure I wouldn't speak. Only afterwards I nodded towards her, she sighed and let go of me.

''You should be careful next time''

''Sorry'' I whispered, quietly this time.

The smile on my face was however quickly wiped off when we both heard footsteps. Someone was leaving, fortunately in the opposite direction of us.

Judging by their volume, they were most definitely Greenies.

But what surprised us was that he began to speak.

The shy, muttering boy spoke to Endeavor. With a tone of determination and seriousness.

'Isn't that a surprise'

'You can say that again'

A moment of silence went by after those words, before the pro hero spoke with annoyance. And somewhat disgust.

''It's my Shotos duty to surpass All Might as the n.1 hero. And his match with you will be a good testing ground for how much training he has left. So hit him hard. Don't disgrace yourself or him by holding back. That's all I wanted to say. I apologise for the bother" he stated, leaving.

That right there did not sit right with me.

We all knew he was somewhat of an ass. An egotistical type of an ass. Anyone could see that when he was on TV. He didn't have respect for anyone but himself.

But from those words he spoke in the hallway, he didn't even respect Shoto.

His own kid.

Treating him like a battle machine, like he was living his dream through him instead.

I honestly didn't care for him up until now.

I saw him, I knew he existed, but that's it.

And in this single minute of seeing him in reality, not just through a screen made me hate him so much.

I automatically didn't like him because he was a hero and to be fair, I dislike most people that breathe the same air as me...but; always when I see a father, or just a parent in general, treat their child like a piece of dirt.

Like nothing.

Like a regret, trash, inconvenience; just something unfortunate.

It makes my blood boil.

Maybe just hatred, or maybe intrusive memories surficing in my mind.