Chapter 20 (edited)

Scarlet POV

I came back to the balcony, my classmates congratulating me for the win basically right at the entrance.

''Yeah, thanks, it wasn't really that hard'' I told them while looking for Jane and the others. Then, Ojiro came up to me, smiling.

''You really showed him that you're not just bark and no bite, huh? Even though, I got kinda scared when you started to obey him....it looked like he got you'' He chuckled.

''Yeah...yeah no, he didn't get me...at all'' I answered, hoping he would just let me get past him.

''Wait- how did you get out of his control exactly?'' He asked. The others looked at me in expectation and curiousity.

I mentally panicked, trying to come up with a lie.

'Repeat after me'

I sighed, shrugging my shoulders.

''I don't know, really. I guess you just gotta have a strong mind? Maybe it's some sort of a drawback of his quirk? Or maybe my enhancing quirk makes it impossible to brainwash me, because it enhances my mental barrier or some shit? I don't know, I'm just glad I passed! Can I go sit down, please?!'' I urged, hopefully making my lie more believable. 

Ojiro raised a brow and opened his mouth to say something, only for Hoodie to jump in.

''Guys, leave her be, she just had a fight. Maybe she's right. We don't know that  much about Shinsos quirk''  he pointed out while coming to me, patting my back. 

The others nodded, saying 'yeah' and 'maybe that's it' while going back to their seats. 

We, however, didn't notice someone glaring at us suspiciously, his heterochromic gaze leaving our figures only few seconds after everyone let us be.

I sighed, looking at Hoodie. 

''Thanks....By the way, where are the others? I can't find them anywhere...'' I asked.

''Oh, well Tim and Jane are going to fight against eachother next and Jeff? I have no god damn clue where he is-probably preparing for our battle or something...''

I nodded at his answer and went towards the seats. I sat farther away from the others, Hoodie sitting next to me. I was looking forward, my hand under my chin, watching the others chit chat, waiting for the next match to start.

''By the way, you should've seen Jane when you won. She looked so defeated''  he out of nowhere spoke, breaking the silence, chuckling.

''I'm not surprised. She lost the bet afterall'' I sighed in small victory.

''You seem excited'' he pointed out.

---

''ENOUGH STANDING AROUND! NOW, WELCOME TO THE RING THE NEXT PLAY OUT!''

Present Mic yelled, well, announced, as the people started to cheer louder.

''ON ONE SIDE WE HAVE OUR POISON-BREATHING STUDENT FROM THE HERO COURSE, CLASS 1.A, TIM WRIGHT!''

He announced as Masky came up to the arena, watching as Jane came out of her tunnel, the people screaming out their lungs in excitement.

''AND ON THE OTHER SIDE WE HAVE ANOTHER STUDENT FROM CLASS 1.A; THAT IS AS SNEAKY AS HER SHADOW QUIRK! LET'S WELCOME TO THE ARENA, JANE ARKENSAW!''

He screamed into the mic as Jane came up the arena, facing Masky while smirking, the people, yet again, destroying their vocal chords while cheering for the battle to start.