Chapter 27 (edited)

After they repaired the arena from Greenies and Shotos fight, it was time to start the next one.

''ALRIGHT! LET'S WELCOME THE NEXT PAIR TO FIGHT! ON THE RIGHT WE HAVE A STUDENT FROM CLASS 1-A, THE FIRE USER, JEFFREY WOODS!" Present Mic announced excited, the crowd also getting hyped up.

When Jeff came up into the arena, he cracked his knuckels with a malicious grin plastered on his face, ready to destroy his opponent.

''AND ON THE LEFT WE HAVE A STUDENT ALSO FROM THE HERO COURSE, CLASS 1-A, WITH ONE POWERFUL SHADOW, TOKOYAMI FUMIKAGE!"

The said male stepped into the bounds, sweat-dropping when he saw Jeffs expression.

''LET THIS MATCH BETWEEN FUMIKAGE TOKOYAMI AND JEFFREY WOODS...

...BEGIN!"

When the start was announced, Tokoyami immediately let out Dark Shadow, that was now quickly speeding towards Jeff. When the Shadow creature tried to use it's claws to hurt him, he dodged and sent out a powerful fire attack.

Somehow, the creature looked like it was.... scared...?

---

''Don't tell me that the shadow bird is afraid of some fire" I raised a brow, looking at the scene playing out before me.

''If that's the drawback, his quirk isn't as good as I thought" Jane stated.

''Well, to be fair, it is a literal shadow...and shadow shadows disappear with light... " I shrugged, thinking out loud.

''It looks powerful...but if you are a regular person with a fucking phone flashlight, you could defeat it! What kind of a fucking quirk is that?!''

I sighed in agreement, Jane crossing her arms over her chest.

''He wouldn't stand a chance if a villain had a Light based quirk..." she mumbled.

''You sound like you actually care for these kids and their futures" I whispered back, smirking at her, my head leaning on my palm. She looked at me before chuckling.

''I don't know what you mean"

''Girls, don't forget about what this is. No time for any friendships" Masky joined in, whispering with a strict tone.

''Yes, mom " We both mockingly said, earning a glare from him and Hoodie.

---

After a few minutes of fighting, Jeff wondered if this thing was actually scared of his quirk. It just seemed to back away everytime he used it, even if he wasn't using it as an attack. 

Smirking, he made a plan.

''Time to test it out''

When Tokoyami sent out Dark Shadow again, Jeff waited. As the creature got closer, he jumped up, using his fire as a boost. The creature looked up, but didn't attack, only backing away from the light. Jeff took the chance and as he was completely above it and started to fall, he sent out lines of the fire to make some sort of a fire cage around the shadow, something like when he was in the Cavalry Battle against Monomas team.