Chapter 18 (edited)

Scarlet POV

After the Cavalry battle, we decided to go get lunch, like everyone else. 

However, before we  got to the arena entrance, Shoto stopped in front of us.

''Oh, hello Todoroki. Something you need?'' Asked Masky with a bored expression. Shoto glared and then..........he said that he wanted to talk for a bit. 

Masky sighed and turned to us. 

''Guys, go without me, I'll join you later'' 

We nodded and went to the canteen.

After sitting down with our food (Hoodie also took one portion for Masky), we started a debate.

''So, what do you think Ice princess wants from him?'' Jane asked first. Jeff scoffed. 

''Probably something about our group. He did look suspicious of us from the start'' He said. 

''Then why wouldn't he ask us all?'' I asked. Hoodie shook his head. 

''He was probably being cautious. Maybe he thinks that if he asks only one of us, he will get more info'' 

Jane laughed. 

''Well, I say good luck with that''

Masky POV

Shoto led me to an open hallway and I was surprised that we passed Midoriya. 

He was coming from the same hallway, looking a little shaken up, but also with determination in his eyes.

 After making eye contact with Shoto, he went somewhere else, probably for lunch. 

'Maybe he talked to Shoto about something beforehand?' I wondered.

We stopped in the hallway, for me to stand opposite to Shoto. 

''So, what do you want with me? For your information, I don't wanna miss lunch'' Todoroki scoffed, but eventually started to talk. 

''Where did you say you were from? You and your group'' I raised a brow. 

''From America. What's it to you?'' Todoroki however didn't answer my question (rude) and proceeded to ask another one.

''Why did you come to Japan?''  

'Oh, I see where he's going' I thought, groaning in my head as I had to improvise, because we never really made up the story as to why we came here from America.

Should've done this before....

''.......Well, the reason is simple. We moved here because we wanted to attend UA High and become the best heroes we can be'' 

I mentally cringed at what I said. 

Heroes my ass. 

Although, Shoto didn't look like he took the lie. 

If glares could kill, I would probably be six feet under. But of course, I'm not gonna get scared by a simple glare. 

Slender, hell, even Jeff, is more scarier than him! 

And the boss doesn't even have a face for crying out loud!    

''Something tells me you are not saying the whole truth, are you?'' Shoto said all of a sudden.

 I raised a brow. 

''Even if I didn't, it would be none of your bussiness, Todoroki'' 

Shoto glared again, even harder, but didn't say anything, the cogs in his head turning.