Chapter 19 (edited)

(A quick note, some of the battles will be changed. I am leaving the ones I consider  important the same, but, some will have different opponents facing each other etc. Hope you don't mind! )

------------------------------------

The first recreational game was some sort of Item hunting. The students ran into the arena, with the girls cheering them on, still in their cheerleader outfits. As they ran, they each found cards  laying on the ground. When they took one and turned it around, there was a word, for example 'a bag'. So, that person had to either find or ask around for a bag. 

Pretty simple.

But boring.

------------

''That's such a childish game. They expect to catch attention of a pro hero just by asking for objects?'' Jane raised a brow, while looking over a railing, her right palm supporting her head. We were currently on the balcony for our class.

 It was just us, the others were getting ready for their battles.

''I'm so fucking bored! I wanna beat your asses and win this stupid shit, right now!'' Jeff shouted, throwing his amrs up. 

In the first round, Hoodie is gonna go against Jeff.

However, Hoodie looked like he didn't care about their fight whatsoever. He was sitting next to Masky (as always), his chin propped up by his hand, uniterestingly watching the games, that have now changed to some sort of Giant Ball Rolling in teams.

''I just want this to be over'' he sighed.

''Same here'' nodded Masky. He wasn't watching the games.His eyes were closed, head tilted upwards, resting. 

''Well, I can't say I'm against Jeffs screaming. I'm pretty excited to beat that purple berry guy, whatever his name is.... I only remember that my match is first'' Then I looked at Jeff.

''And you can forget about being number one. That place is already as good as mine'' I smirked. His eyes narrowed, as if challenging me...or maybe threaten me. I laughed at his attempts to scare me, while Jeff was yelling at me his usual profanities after seeing my reaction. 

In a minute or two, I turned around to the exit. 

''I'm gonna get a drink, you want something while I'm there?''

''Yeah, I want you to die on the way''  I looked at him with a bored expression.

''Aren't you just a ray of sunshine today. What about you guys?''  They shook their heads 'no' as Jeff was burning with anger. 

Literall.

There was fire around him, making him look like a torch.  But, before he could do anything, I just skipped out, not really that bothered.

---

After walking around and finally finding a vending machine I put in the coins and waited for my drink to fall down.

My eyes were darted at the bottle of the cold beverage that I nearly missed the new presence in the area.

Nearly

I perked up, waiting for the persons actions. They came closer, their arm reaching out. I didn't let them touch me, and crouched down.

My drink fell down.