Chapter 30 (edited)

''AND FINALLY, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, IT'S THE TIME YOU HAVE BEEN ALL WAITING FOR! THE FINAL MATCH OF THE SPORTS FESTIVAL!" Present Mic screamed into the microphone as the crowd cheered wildly, ready to see the winner of this tournament.

''ON THE RIGHT, WE HAVE A STUDENT OF THE HERO COURSE, SCARLET O'RIVERS! " He yelled as I came up the stage, grin etched upon my face.

''AND ON THE LEFT WE HAVE THE SAME COURSE STUDENT, KATSUKI BAKUGO!" The commentator introduced my opponent, who came into the arena with a malicious smirk.

''ALRIGHT! LET'S SEE WHO'S GONNA STAND ON TOP, SHALL WE!? LET THE MATCH BETWEEN O'RIVERS AND BAKUGO...                      

.... BEGIN!"

''I'm gonna fucking KILL you, shitty extra!" The blond screamed, using his quirk to fly towards me.

''We'll see about that " I smirked, activating my powers and running at him as well.

When we were close enough, his right hand extended towards me, sending a blast straight to my face. I scowled and crouched down. Taking the chance that he was now above me, his smirking face converting into an angry one, I punched him into his stomach.

He flew up, spitting out saliva.

'For a puny extra, she does pack a punch' he though, and without any other thought, he used his explosions to stop his way up and do the opposite.

With the increasing speed, he neared me. I didn't dodge, knowing it would be too late anyway.

''DIE!" He screamed, sending a huge blast at my standing figure as I covered my face with my arms.

''WOAH, BAKUGO TOOK ADVANTAGE OF HIS OPPONENTS ATTACK AND USED A POWERFUL EXPLOSION STRAIGHT AT HER! IS THIS ALREADY THE END!?"

As the smoke from the explosion cleared, Bakugos scoff deepened. I was standing there like it didn't even happen, only my clothes showing any signs of the attack, being burned and some places torn.

''You've got some powerful quirk there"

'Too bad fire doesn't really affect me....' I though, trying to get the small pieces of dust and ground off of me.

'....making you the worst match for me'

He growled at me, glaring daggers. 

Even Sally could be more scary if she tried.

''I will show the people who is THE BEST! You and your measly enhancing won't do nothing!'' he let out, teasing tone hiding in his words.

''Haven't you seen my fight before this?'' I asked, genuienly curious.

'Does he not realise that he won't do shit to me?'

''I had better things to do than watch your dumb fight!'' he let out, sending another explosion at me.

I dodged it, running towards him. He apparently didn't see me approach; up until I appeared next to him.

''That explains it-fire doesn't work on me'' I sang, his eyes widening, before turning and attacking.

''FUCKING DIE ALREADY!" He shouted, hoping that when I was close to him, it would be a direct hit.

But of course, his movement was slow. At least for me. And his attacks were predictable.