•PROLOGUE•

—We Are All Murders, Aren't We?—

Pretenders .

   Amidst the extremely cold air surrounding their jittery faces, Alicia still felt the need to say something. It would have forever remained a mystery for all she knew and that huffy feeling she got, starring at their petrified faces stroke down a tear on her fair skin.

   They stood in a gathering of four and she wasn't the only one who searched the need to surge if possible. When those dispirited eyes she had been avoiding all day found hers, she swept that thin tear off her face reminding him of the audacious lady she was to take it all in.

   Then with a strong heavy heart, Alicia said, "Let's all pretend we're good people," a heavy breath followed. "I am not a whore." Saying this, her eyes bored with his. If she was right, he looked sorry for all he caused her. Maxwell rather stared with his deep gloomy eyes, sun-kissed skin and afro-curly dark hair. "Let's pretend I never fucked your brother and you also did not pretend to have amnesia. Pretend she was never yours from the start. Pretend you never slept with her."

   Tremendous amount of tears got caught in between her words. She silently wished all that she said were false and that it never happened but, every bit of it happened and she was glad she was not the only one who had to pay for all the bruises they left on her heart with their pretentious ridiculous heartbreaking games.

   Alicia, saying all that in cold tears, looked at the only girl amongst them who went ahead with all that dirty schemes and lies. "...and you, pretend you never sent me those threats. Pretend you never approached him." Then turning to the last male who betrayed them all, Alicia let her tears pour.   
"Pretend she still isn't your sister. Pretend you never lured me to fall for you and break off my relationship just to make your sister happy. Pretend you still love me."

   The cold breeze slammed on her face and froze her tears, filling her up with anger and betrayal. Those faces they had on, those weak emotions they showed, she could no longer tell which was genuine.

    "Why should we pretend to be something we're not?" She asked, still trembling under the moonlight. Her tears from earlier had formed with her sticky makeup and she looked like hell. It was such a shame Maxwell thought she was prettier than Alicia.

    Frowning at her, Alicia replied, "Because we're going to pretend we never killed him."

    Like a drumroll at her last sentence, they took turns looking at each other and she still tried to push away any glum eye contact with him. It only made her sick to the stomach.

A/N— Prologue Done. Keep Scrolling and Please Vote.