(104).

"Please, Do That"

        Ryan found himself seated in Dawn's ward and everything he tried to hide came rushing into him. He convinced himself there was nothing left for them to hold onto. These holes he left in her heart, they were already being filled up and he was no longer a part of her. That should be a good thing. He only had to crumble in guilt and heartbreaks at every slight thought of Kesha. But what if these feelings were never gone and the guilt had covered them up. Was he supposed to dig them up again and find out what fate has in store for him? Can he do that?

      "Can I do that?" He blurted to himself. Like the morning sun rising above the horizon, Dawn lifted up her eyes. Ryan held her hand as she slowly lifted her eyes. "Hey," he said to her. "Should I call the doctor?" He asked and she remained looking at him. "Are you okay?"

      "I... I think I'm dreaming." She said. "Pinch me."

      "You're not dreaming Dawn Samuels."

      "Really?" She asked and touched his arm. She pinched it a little and he groaned. "You're... really here?"

      "Couldn't help it." He sighed. "How have you been?"

      "Regarding this?" Her voice was slow.

     "Everything. From our times together," He said to her. Dawn looked at his hands in hers and she was just confused. "To now." He ended.

      "I'm fine." She answered and he nodded his head. "I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable. I'm really okay. You don't have to be here."

      "I want to be here." Ryan said and Dawn felt him hold her hand tightly. What was happening?! "And this might not be the best place but I thought we could talk."

     "Ryan.."

      "I know what's going on. I just want to talk." She nodded confusingly to him. "I don't know if you noticed but I've been hard on myself for almost everything going on in my life. What if we... you know what if things had happened differently?"

      "How?" She asked and he stared at her. The door opened and Ryan let go off her hand. Cole entered and saw how close Ryan was to her.

    "You're up." Cole said to Dawn and she nodded.

   "I have to go. Take care." Ryan stood up and left the ward. He left Dawn in a dazed mood. She didn't know how to feel about the conversation he almost had with her. What was he trying to imply? Cole got closer to her and filled the seat Ryan used to sit on. He held Dawn's hand and smiled at her.

      "I have a confession to make." Cole said. "I kinda told Ryan you and I were together.."

      "What?!"

     "Yeah I expected this reaction." Cole breathed out air. "Seriously are you two not done with each other? You told me you're over him. Was that a lie?" She chose not to answer his question. Her answer wasn't going to change anything between them. "Alicia is getting discharged today and cops are patrolling your apartment." Cole changed the topic and Dawn nodded to him. He didn't know how long she was going to remain blind to his feelings.

•_•_•

      Maxwell drove Alicia to Dawn's apartment and she immediately curled herself in the couch when they got inside. Maxwell stood in front of her and watched her shield herself with the throw pillows.

      "You still haven't said a word to me Alicia." He cautioned her. "What did you get yourself into a month ago?" He asked and she refused to even look at him. "Alicia I'm trying to fucking understand you! I've been doing my best to look out for you and you acting this way really pisses me off. Can't you see what's happening here?"