(67).

"The Amazing Life"

     Maxwell arrived home from visiting the hospital and making sure he checked up on Alicia's mom. He forgot Alia was living with him. He took his t-shirt off right when he stepped in and Alia stood up from the chair with a bottle of water in her hand. "Oh God!" He screamed at himself and put the shirt back on. "Why are you sitting there like that?"

    "Waited for you." She answered with a smile.

    "Okay." He headed to his room and she walked up to him. "Do you need something?"

    "Thought we could talk and find ways for to regain our memories. It's killing me inside how you don't remember who I was. I want us to be what we were before."

    "How do you plan on doing that?"

    "If you let me.." she touched his arm and he looked at her. "I want more of you."

    "We already did. This is killing me. Can you stop?" She shook her head and hugged him. "Alia stop this. You promised. I'm not doing this."

    "I'll keep it from her. She'll never know."

    "No. This is over." He pushed her aside and walked to his bedroom. He knew it would kill him eventually.

•_•_•

      Everyone left work and Alicia was still there with Theodore, analyzing and calculating most of the missing sales. He was furious about the poor work of the managers. They had coffees upon coffees and keeping their heads in the files. They had taken a break in the afternoon and it was fun to talk about themselves. He explained he was acting as the CEO but he wasn't, for now. She didn't want to interfere much in his life so she fed onto what he served her. He didn't talk about his family. He tried for a second and his mood changed.

      He said, "To them, I'm not worth anyone's time." and smiled at it. Behind those smiles, were hurts and pains only he knew. Alicia's phone wasn't with her but she could tell, Max has been calling and leaving her texts like, 'Where the fuck are you and why are you not answering my calls?'

      Theodore called the day off at 8:30 and she was fucked up. She was so scared Max was going to lash out on her and scared, he'll be with Alia. Worse he can do, fuck her. No, no, no, she trusts him. He said she should and she does. He said he loves her and isn't going to fall for Alia's charms. She does believe that.

     Maxwell sat on his bed thinking of what to do with his phone. It was getting late and although he knew she was in safe hands, he still wished he knew what she was up to. He dialed a number and stood up from the bed. "Hey," he said. "Uh.. can you make sure she's okay? Just get her home. I'll be cool with that." He said. "Yeah, thanks." He hanged up and sighed.

     The thoughts of picking a bus that late when Alicia's knees ached because of those awful heels Max gave her, had her groaning. She walked out of Theodore's office and picked up her bag, searching for her phone. Like she predicted, Max had been calling and his texts were fucked up than she imagined. She sighed and put the phone in her bag. Theodore came out of his office and they stood there staring.

     "It's late. Let me drop you off to your home." He said. She would love to but not with him. Not in a confined space with him. "That's an order."

    "Uh... I'm not sure."

   "That always work. Let's go." She sighed and picked up her bag. She followed him out to the parking lot and he opened his car's door for her to sit down. She tucked in the seatbelt and sighed softly. He joined her in the car and started his drive. He tuned in to cool songs and the lights ahead of them were passing away slowly and getting little and little. She had her eyes closed and let this sleep take a hold of her.