(11).

"Creepy Stalker"

     Alicia arrived at the hospital, feeling sick at the odd smell of drugs and went straight to the nurse's counter. "I'd like to make a payment for Mrs Bell." she said to the nurse at the counter. The old nurse pulled down her eyeglasses to her nose and smiled at her.

    "Alicia, it's great to see you." she smiled.

    "Yeah. How is she doing?"

    "She's hanging in there. You should go and see her." Alicia nodded at her.

    "Some other time." She drew bundles of money out of her bag and put it on top the counter. "I'm paying last month's arrears and half payment for this month."

    lOkay. Wait over there. I'm processing this." She smiled at the nurse and took a seat on the bench behind the pillar. She checked her phone and sighed.

     Before getting into second year, everyone cut ties with her. Including the one person she thought would be there for her. High school love stories never last long. It was like that for her. The person she used to love. She didn't miss him or anything or get sad that he's finally dead. She gets surprised they could end up this way.

    "Miss Bell," the nurse called. She stood up and walked to her counter. The nurse handed her receipts and paperwork's for her to sign. She used to guide Alicia on where to sign and what to write on the forms. Alicia had gotten used to it. She finished signing and handed the file to her. "Have a nice day."

    "You too." Her phone chimed in the bag and she picked it up. Jake's message popped out and she smiled at it.

•• Jake ••

Would you like to have dinner with me today? I promise not to bore you out.

She smiled at his text and headed out of the hospital. She walked on the paved road to get to the bus station and decided to reply to his message.

•Alicia•

I...

Another text appeared from Max.

•• Max ••

Come over. Let's have dinner.

     "Fuck my life." she blurted out. "I'd rather sleep home." She said to the phone and shoved it in her bag. She chose to ignore both. She didn't want Jake to get entangled in her life drama and she wanted to avoid Max at all cost to keep their friendship on the low.

     Alicia took a bus to her hostel and planned to have all night to herself. She was on the zero again after paying the bills. There was this feeling she was having when she was getting to her hostel. Maybe it was her own footsteps. Someone was following her. She didn't turn. She couldn't turn. It was creeping on her and weighing her down. She was so scared this time that her hands shook.

    Alicia hurried her steps to the hostel. A car honked at her and she stopped walking to her room. It frightened her and she almost jumped up. "Bell!" Jake's voice said and she was able to breathe. She turned in a smile. "I've been waiting for your call."

     "Sorry about that. Was kinda busy."

     "Is my offer standing?" he asked, raising his eyebrow at her. Alicia smiled at that and sighed.

    "I'm not sure about that." she said, biting on her lips.

    "Dawn said yes."

    "With Dawn?" She asked, surprised.

     "Yeah. We're going to Rosie's Inn. It's not really a big deal."

     "Okay." She sighed. She walked towards the car and sat at the passenger's seat. She put her phone on a silent mode and enjoyed Jake's company. They went into Rosie's Inn and Dawn joined them later on. Jake knew she was being awkward. She was staring at her phone when he was talking to her.

     "You've been staring at your phone throughout. You waiting on your boyfriend?" he asked.

    "She doesn't have a boyfriend." Dawn announced and she wasn't taking Alicia's signs to stop her from talking. "She's been single ever since I knew her." she laughed.

    "That's great." he smiled. Alicia's phone vibrated and she hurriedly picked it up.

•• Max ••

I don't know if you're okay or not. I've sent some cash into your account. Take care.

    She sighed and smiled. The night ended late and Jake dropped her off at home. She said her goodbyes to him and before she got inside her room, the strange feeling occurred. Someone was watching her from afar. She stood there for a minute, looking at the dark image far away from her. This person had a hoodie cap on. She took a step forward and he or she walked away. She ran to her room and locked the door. She felt exhausted, faking smiles and trying to engage in a conversation she didn't want to have. Was Max keeping eyes on her? Who has been stalking her? How long did it start and who the hell is it?

•_•_•

     Next Day at school, Maxwell wasn't having it easy at all. He hated how Kiera kept pinching him where it hurts so he'll freak out on her again in front of everyone. He had spent the night tossing and turning on the bed hoping he could sleep without the stupid pills and it did not work. "Are you fucking listening to me?!" Kiera yelled at him and he eyed at her. "I'm fucking talking to you Max!" she grabbed his hand and he slapped it off.

    "Don't fucking do that. Do you hear me?"

     "Just tell her what she wants to know and cut out this nasty argument." Ryan said to him. Kiera poised in front of him and he frowned at her.

    "Stop fucking up and go home."

     "You're being a jerk Ross."

     "Kiera, don't make it worse." Ryan advised.
"Come on, I'll take you home."

    "Why don't you ever stop him when he fucks up? He's playing with my feelings and everyone's feelings and you're all cool with it." Kiera said out of breath.

    "Playing with your feelings?" he laughed. "Pfft give me a fucking break Kiera. You're trying to tell me you liked me more than the flashy lifestyle? Girls like you are never worth anyone's time and stupid feelings. Go fuck yourself somewhere!" Kiera wiped tears out of her eyes.

    "I...hate you." she bawled, more tears coming out of her eyes. All she wanted was to be there for him and let him see how she really wanted him.

    "I know you don't. Leave." he scowled at her. She picked up her handbag from the car and walked away, wiping her tears. "Don't let her come close to me. I'm done with her." he said to Ryan and Ryan just shook his head. He eyed again and saw Alicia staring at him from afar. "Fuck, damn it!" He hated showing her another ugly side of him. He would swear he wasn't that type of guy. He knew she'll distant herself more from him now knowing he's that type of guy who does not give a flying fuck about a girls feeling.

     Alicia just shook her head and walked away. The explanation of his I will hurt you, was demonstrated. she would cry more than Kiera did and curse at everyone she sets her eyes on. Break ups, fucks her up.

••Kiera Queen••

••Kiera Queen••