(110).

"Nothing Changed"

        Alicia stood on her toes not knowing what she was up to. She looked at Theodore and bit on her lips. She felt the urgent need to cry and scream. She remembered how she bashed him in the head with a vase and how she willingly participated in burying him. She thought he died. How was he alive and why was he smiling at her? "Bathroom... I have to... use the bathroom." She stuttered and rushed to the bathroom.

      "This is so fucked up." Dawn blurted out. Maxwell stood up from his seat to go after her but Theodore grabbed his hand to stop him.

      "Let go." Maxwell said calmly to him.

     "Let's talk outside. She'll be fine. She's seen worse." Maxwell pushed off his hand and he didn't waste another second on him. He ran to the washroom and found her seated on the floor with her head in between her knees. Maxwell knelt before her and held her shaking hands.

       "Ali," he called her and she couldn't look at him. "Look at me," she shook her head at him. "I'm here. Nothing is going to happen to you. He can't do anything to you."

      "I'm fucked Max," she raised her head up and tears were all over her face. "He... he wasn't dead. He was alive this whole time. He knows what I did."

       "Ali," he shook her. She freaked out on him and he was trying to let her know everything was okay. "He would've gone to the cops if he wanted to screw you over. Just calm down and look at me. I'll fix this I promise."

       "No! I'm tired of letting you fix things. I'll fix this myself."

      "But you..."

      "I'm not letting you do anything Max. Please promise me you won't do anything even if it's for my sake. Promise me."

        Maxwell sighed and held her hand. "I promise. Let's make things right now. I hate seeing you like this." Alicia nodded her head and Maxwell hugged her. "I love you."

       "I love you Max." He wiped her tears off and smiled at her. "I really do."

      "I know that. Let's hear what he wants to say but I won't promise you anything if he fucks up." Alicia smiled and nodded. He held her hand and let her stand on her toes. "Take a deep breath." He instructed her and she did as he said. "This helped me when I was in that shitty place. Calm down and don't be nervous. We'll get through this together." Alicia hugged him tightly and he patted on her back. "You'll be fine." Alicia breathed in heavily and Max straightens out her dress and hair for her. "You ready?"

      "Yeah, it can't get worse than this." She forced a laugh out. Maxwell held her hand and walked out of the washroom with her. Theodore had left the inn when they got there.

     "Alicia are you okay?" Dawn asked.

      "You look like you've seen a ghost." Ryan laughed. Literally, he was partially right. "You should chill okay. People fuck other people's girlfriends all the time. He'll understand." He smiled at Dawn when he said this and Dawn looked away. "Right Dawn?" He asked her and she sighed.

      "I don't know." Dawn replied and Ryan slurped on his cocktail. Cole was staring at Dawn and she was getting so uncomfortable.

      "I have to go talk to him." Alicia said and walked out with Max. Theodore waited by his car with arms in his jean like the gentleman he was. "I want to talk to him alone." She said to Max and he held onto her hand. "Please," he let go off her hand and she walked up to Theodore.

      "You don't look like you miss me Alicia."

      She sighed and faked a smile. "I did for days then it hit me that you're never coming back so I stopped."