(9).

"Dinner"

       Jake and Alicia ended up having lunch together while Dawn drooled over him from the counter. They exchanged numbers this time and he didn't fail to make up his jokes. He was such a gentleman to take her home when she was drunk without fucking her. She had given him all the signs and his intentions were to get her home safely. They ended up spending the night on her bed and She made a friend. His stares said otherwise though. She had a feeling, Max will tear her up again if he sees them together.

     Dawn joined them at the table later on and they all had nice conversations. Time was running out and Jake offered to drive Alicia home. She agreed to go with him and just when she stepped out of the Inn, Max's message popped up on her phone.

•Max•
Let's have dinner together. Wear something nice.

    "The fu..." Jake looked at her. "Foodle." She ended and he laughed. "Sorry, I've to go."

    "Why? I can take you to wherever you want to go."

    "No. I'm fine. Really." She opened her purse and had enough money in there to take a cab. "How do I look?" she asked and he looked at her anxiously. "Just tell me."

     "You're beautiful." She sighed. Alicia untied her hair and raked her hand in it. She had a lipgloss in her purse and applied it on her lip, smudging it correctly. "That's cute." She genuinely smiled at him. "Can I ask who you're meeting? You're putting in too much effort. Shouldn't you just be you?" He had a point but she was meeting Maxwell Ross. He's seen the most beautiful women out there and he clearly stated she wasn't his type of girl.

    "Some things are worth trying Jake. See you around." she picked a cab right in front of Jake and sat in, waving at him.

•_•_•

     Alicia took the elevator to Max's apartment and rung the doorbell. Max opened the door with a basketball in his hand. He smiled at her and paved way for her to walk in. Different aromas of food filled the room. She took few steps and two chefs in uniform were setting the dining table up with varieties of food.

    "Shall we?" Max asked. He stood next to her and held her soft hand. The chef's stepped away from the dining and Max pulled out a chair for Alicia. She looked at him nervously and sat down. He took a seat and didn't stop looking at her. It was kinda awkward. "You look beautiful." he complimented.

    "Th.. thanks." He gestured to the food and she started off with the many foods on the table. Alicia spooned bits of all, hungry to taste the delicacies. She looked up at Max and he smiled slightly. She took her mind off him and dished the food on her plate. How Max was eating was turning her on in a funny way. They had a silent meal and he was the first to get up from his chair. He walked to where Alicia sat and reached out his hand to her. She sat confused and panicky that she only stared at his hand, not getting the meaning of what that was.

     "I'm not going to bite." he said. "I want to watch movies with you and have some wine."

     "No thank you. I'll go home after cleaning up."

     "I insist Ali. They'll take care of the rest." he stood her up from the chair and turned her around, leading her out of the dining. "I promise not to hurt you." he said calmly.