(16).

"That Kinda Love"

The loud knock on the car's window shook Max in his seat. He looked at a cheerful Ryan and sighed. He rolled the window down and looked at him. "You coming?" Ryan asked. Maxwell rolled up the window again and turned the engine off. He got out of the car and Ryan threw his arm around Max's shoulders.

"Are you drunk?" He asked and his friend laughed.

"I wanted to be. Did Kesha call?"

"Why will she call me? I'm not her boyfriend." they headed towards the Inn and Ryan sighed heavily. "Call her. I know you can't live without her." He laughed.

"I'm trying to live without her."

"Good for you." Max patted on his shoulders and they entered the Inn. There was a cool song playing at the background and his eyes searched around the Inn. Jake and Alicia were seated at the far end of the Inn, chatting over some burgers and fries.

Cole waved at them and they walked to his seat. Maxwell took a seat and did not take his eyes off Alicia. Whatever they were talking about was fun enough for her to laugh to tears. Jake leaned to her ear and whispered to her. She made the surprised 'Oh' sound and they burst into another laughter. Maxwell eyed them and looked away.

"Why is Jake and Miss one way getting along so well?" Ryan asked and pushed Cole's cold beer to his side. "The dude is like a wind. He's such a mysterious guy."

"Everyone in this school is too." Cole said. "I used to see him around with some blonde in third year on the weekend. She was pretty hot." he winked.

"Who's he? It's hard to like him." Maxwell said.

"Because he's hot?" Cole laughed. "I wouldn't want to be his friend either. He creeps me out."

"I heard.." Ryan started and suddenly stopped. Dawn walked up to them with menu cards and dumped them on the table. "Told you she's rude." He mouthed to Maxwell and he smiled. "Just get us some wings."

"Sure." She eyed at Ryan and walked away.

"Ugh! I'm never coming here." Maxwell watched Cole licked his lips over her. "As I was saying, heard he and miss one way fucked or something and I bet he's going to date her. She seems like a cool person and Jake is really not her type of guy. He's like that bad boy type of guy. I really don't like him." Maxwell shot his eyes at them and Jake was whispering to her, touching her hand and she was biting on her lip listening attentively to his dirty words. "See that." Ryan pointed. "He's going to fuck her."

"Okay can you stop pointing your stupid facts here?" Maxwell said, trying to focus on his phone.

    "Wait a minute. Isn't she the girl you ran off with after Alex's mysterious death?" Cole asked pointing a finger at Maxwell. Cole took a look at Alicia. "She's quite good looking though. I don't think it's her. Kiera would've known."

    "Known what?"

    "The number of girls you keep knacking. She has a list of them." Cole laughed and Max rolled his eyes. Dawn served their food and left after eyeing Ryan again. "Does she like you?" He picked a fry from his food and munched onto it. "You know what to do if she likes you. You and Kesha are over right?"

    "We're not."

    "Really? Then pick up that phone and call her! She'll fuck different dicks if you ignore her one more day. You know deep within your spirit, she doesn't deserve a guy like you. You're so... bad for her and you should let her go if you ain't ready to look up for her. What's wrong with what she did? Is it some crime to get jealous?"

    "You don't get this, do you?" Ryan asked. Maxwell sipped his beer and his eyes sneaked on Alicia. She looked at him too and her eyes went back to Jake. "What I needed that time was a little trust."

    "I don't get it and my reasons are, I've never loved someone for three fucking good years, never fucked a girl for three fucking good years and I obviously haven't had that chance to fight and makeup with someone I can't live without. Among the circle of friends including Max and I, you're the only one who's been sticking to one pussy. Don't let us ruin you. You and Kiera fit each other like gloves. I'll be so heartbroken if you let her go. So.." he gulped down his beer. "Get drunk, put your pride aside and go to her. Fuck her till she begs for mercy and when the sex is done, y'all can laugh about it and move on. Is it that hard?" Cole finished and Max smiled at him. "I'm not drunk."

    Max nodded his head. "I know. I can't believe you said all that shit about love. Low key, you want someone you can love like crazy too, don't you?"

    "If she has some good curves, has a heart of gold, smiles throughout the day to brighten my gloomy mood, corrects my mistakes without a fight, fuck me real good, makes my heart ache for her, deep within me I know I'll fucking kill any motherfucker who comes to her.."

    "And prettier than the sunset." Max said with a smile.

    "Yeah, that too. And many other things, I'd die for her. But bro, there's no girl like that so imma stick to hoeing." Cole ended and Ryan laughed with him. Alicia stood up from her seat and majestically walked to the counter loosing eye contact with any of the guys.

    "That one has some good curves. She seems different though. Doesn't she look prettier outside?" Cole asked with another sip of drink.

   "You're drunk." Max pulled his drink closer to him. Alicia high fives with Dawn and they laughed about something before she got to where Jake was. She picked up her handbag and Jake held her hand to get up as well.

   "Shit is going down." Cole laughed.

    Alicia left the Inn with Jake and Max clenched his jaw from anger. He fumed over his food and gulped down his whole beer. He was through with her— for good.