(82).

"The Good Heart"

      The familiar smell on a bright morning got Alicia's attention. She breathed in air, trying to figure out the smell with closed eyes. "Ali," he called. "Hey, are you awake?" She slowly opened her eyes and blinked at the bare chested male in front of her.

       "Oh shoot!" She screeched and sat up on the bed. He laughed and stood straight. "Theodore! What am I doing here?" She looked around the room. "Why am I here?" She looked at herself and she had a t-shirt on Which was definitely not hers. "How... why..."

       "You called me last night. Don't you remember cussing at everyone on phone and telling me you want to die?" She shook her head slowly. She was so glad the memories were foggy. She would've been so embarrassed. "Okay, I think you'll remember this. You sat on my couch, praising your ex boyfriend's dick. You measured the length and size on the couch.."

       "Please Stop." She gritted her teeth and he smiled. Alicia raked her hair and intentionally looked around. Typical drunk Alicia.

      "Well," he sighed. "I got pretty jealous how you claimed you hate him but talked about him all night till you passed out. It made me angry." He smiled lightly.

      "I'm sorry." She apologized for all the stupid things she did. "I should leave." He held her hand and the cold and shiver ran through her. He held her chin and had her looking at his sexy brown eyes. "Theo." The name barely came out. "I have to go."

      "I called a doctor. You had lots of alcohol last night and you don't look good. He'll be here soon. Wait a little. I'm making breakfast."

      "Oh don't..."

      "I hate seeing someone I want looking like that." He smiled. "You know this already, don't you?" She guessed. He looks at her with yearns. He could be playing with her right now like everyone has been doing. "I'll leave you here." He left her in the room and she sat there not doing anything.

       She remembered Jake and Max talking about her last night. She had been such a fool for not guessing Jake was part of Max's pretense games. She laid back on the bed and felt the strong feverish feeling. The comfy bed couldn't shield her from shedding a few more tears. She picked up her phone lying beside her and checked messages from her dad and brother. She missed the jovial messages from her mom. She was told her mom was getting okay and Jack and her dad had been weird.

      Alicia replied to her brother's messages and closed her eyes. She felt she should take a bath and get this headache off. She sat up on the bed again and slowly stood on her toes. Theodore entered the room and he looked at her with that yearn again. She had to get used to it.

      "The bathroom is over there." He said and she nodded to him. "Everything you need is in there. I'll be outside."

       "Okay, thanks." She walked to the bathroom and stepped out of the shirt. She walked to the shower and turned it on. She thought of Max kissing Alia in the club and something poked her heart again. Holding the tears in would make her head ache and crying again would make her head ache. She sniffed and raked her hair. "This sucks." She blurted out.

'Alicia, you and Max were never going to work out even if Alia never came. It's a good thing you're no longer in his possessive life.' Her subconscious said and she agreed to it.

        She brushed her teeth after the longest shower ever and slipped on a clean T-shirt. Theodore was waiting in the bedroom for her. Looking at him, she didn't see any formality between them anymore and she didn't think what he wanted from her was just to be his friend. She took slow steps and the floor was getting farther and sinking deep under her feet.