(34).

"This Complicated Person"

     Alicia took a bath, curled herself on the bed and thought of who will send something like that to her. Nobody knew about Max and her. At least that was what she thought. What if this person barges into her room and slits her throat? She squeezed the duvets and cuddled the pillow. She was scared. So scared to step out for food. She dialed Dawn's number and  Dawn who was busy fucking with Ryan, told her she was doing something for her mom. The only person she could call was Jake. Alicia called his phone and he agreed to come over with food.

      Maxwell rushed to Kiera's apartment and Kesha was there as well. Keira hugged him and kissed on his lips. "I missed you." She  said and he pulled himself away. "What's wrong?"

    "Where were you last night?" He asked and she did feel he was still the caring person she knew before.

    "With Kesha. Ryan bailed on us, we got drunk and Cole drove us home. Were you worried about me?" She blushed.

     "A little." He lied. "I was thinking about this. How did you know about all the girls I slept with?"

    "I just know. You've been keeping it on a low recently. You want me back, don't you?"

    "I'll think about it. Don't go around stalking me like you did before. You know I hate it."

    "Yeah." He had to hang around with Kesha and Kiera for clarification sake. Maxwell decided to reach out to his anonymous murderer.

Max
If this was you, know that it's not funny. If you really get your hands on her, I swear to God, I'll find you and finish you off.

Unknown
There you go. When your memories are clear, you'll come looking for me. In the mean time, be safe and get her out of your life. I mean it.

Max
I mean my words too.

     He put his phone down and sighed. Whoever this person was, knew how to irk him real bad.

      One hour later, Jake knocked on Alicia's door and she opened it up for him. He smiled at her and walked in. "I'm sorry for calling out of the blue." She said, sniffing.

    "I'm okay with it. Always wanted you to call me here." They moved to the table and he watched her eat. "Is something wrong?" He asked. Her eyes teared up and she smiled to keep it from falling. "Hey," he held her hand on the table and squeezed it lightly. "I'm here now." She nodded and he smiled. "Do you want to tell me about it?"

    "It's hard." Once she opened her mouth, a tear dropped. He wiped it off and pulled closer, hugging her. The warmth shelter she lay her head on worsened the tears.

    "Alicia, don't do that." He comforted. She cried for a while and pulled herself away, wiping the tears.

    "I'm sorry." She sniffed. "I don't know what came over me." She needed Maxwell to be there for her.  She was so scared of her life.

    "It's okay. I'm glad you called for me in times like this." Why couldn't she date normal guys like Jake? He was cute, caring, funny and very adorable. His head tilted towards hers, aiming for the lips. She let him kiss her and his sigh was dramatic. It was soothing and erotic and the touch of her skin, had him feeling all types of ways. He had been trying so hard to keep his hands off her for a very long time. "I'm sorry, I can't help myself." He whispered on her lips and stood her up from the chair.

    Jake maneuvered his hand in her shirt, taking it off her body. He rushed the kisses to the bed and she was loosing her breath. He wasn't taking this slow like the first time. His hand slipped into her shorts and went inside her thong. Her subconscious was like, Alicia Bell, what the fuck are you doing with Jake? But...his fingers rubbed her clit so well, he was looking straight at her. She bit on her lip and he smiled.

       Jake's clothes came out of his body and she was loving those abs and toned muscles. He finally took off his shorts and she shifted uncomfortably on the bed.

Shit! Shit! Shit! She was going to have sex with Jake! This was so wrong. She could not do it.

      ....Few moments later, Jake and Alicia dressed up and she sat down on the bed, silently. She raked her hand in her hair and sighed. Jake sighed after her and she continued to stare at the bed. "We should go out for some air. It's stuffy here." He suggested.

    "I'm okay here." She  said slowly and he nodded.

     "I'm sorry about that."

     "It's okay." She said quickly. He actually turned this down. He said it didn't feel right for some reason and she did not understand his intentions towards her. Wasn't that what he had wanted? He kept turning her down and that was the second time. "I wasn't ready either." She said.

    "I still want it. You were not in the right mind earlier and it did feel like I was taking advantage of you. You needed someone to be here for you and that's what I want to do. I hope you understand?"

    "Yeah, sure." She faked a smile. She didn't want it either. That stupid Maxwell Ross was driving her insane.

      Jake left in the night after they had pizza for dinner. She locked her door and pulled a chair to  it. She was scared. She didn't want to turn the lights off when she goes to bed. She needed someone to hold. She needed someone to talk to. As she stared at her phone, she wished Max would call and they'd say sorry and move on. She turned herself on the bed and sighed. Her phone rung and she sat up. She looked at the caller ID and this was Max calling. She answered the call and they both stayed silent on the phone.

    "Were you sleeping?" He asked.

    "Can't sleep."

    "Should I come over?"

    "I know you wouldn't." She tugged her pillow and he sighed on the phone.

    "I would. I miss you and please stop arguing with me. It makes me crazy when you're mad at me." He said he missed her and he wasn't lying. Alicia smiled and breathed out air.

    "You deserve it." She said.

    "I know. I fixed it so open the door."

    "What?" She looked at the door. He was there?

    "I'm here. Can't sleep without you."

    "Max," she cooed. She could feel his smile travel through the door. Maxwell stood behind her door, sighing.

     "Hurry. It's cold out here. Been here for an hour." She ran out of the bed and opened the door. He put the phone in his pocket and pulled her in for a warm hug.

     A hug that said, 'he was sorry.'

A/N— What's your favorite sad song? I have tons of them and I keep listening to it as I write Max and Alicia's scenes. They're great❣️