(120).

"One More"

        Alicia woke up on the bed, expecting to see Maxwell and he was no where to be seen in the room. The only face she saw was Ryan's face. "Hey Alicia." Ryan said to her and she sat up on the bed.

       "Hey Ryan. Where's Max?" She asked.

       "Uh... he went out to get something."

      "What thing?" Alicia asked and Ryan scratched his head. "Ryan, where is he?"

       "He'll be back soon. He should be here by now."

       Alicia nodded her head to him and reached for her phone on the bedside table. She turned the phone on and glanced at Ryan. She felt it in her guts that he was hiding something from her. She phoned Maxwell and he wasn't answering her calls. She called three more times and he didn't answer to all. "Ryan, my whole body feels like someone is stomping on it so can you please tell me where he is before I storm out of here."

       "Let me try calling him."

       "You're lying." She said and Ryan grinned. "You know where he is."

       "I really don't. He just told me he's getting something."

        "I have Dawn's new number and I know where she is. Don't you want to know?" She asked and Ryan shook his head. "She's really close though. I bet she'll come right away if I tell her I'm at the hospital. Maybe I should try calling her." She saw Ryan taking deep breaths. "I probably shouldn't." She put down her phone and Ryan sighed.

      "Okay, he's going to see John!"

       "Who's John and why didn't you want to tell me where he was?" Alicia asked curiously.

       "He asked John to look for Piper, Durand's girlfriend."

        "Did he... find her?" Ryan nodded his head and Alicia gulped. "Ryan, Max... he wouldn't, right?"

       "I don't know. I tried convincing him and he walked away smiling."

       "Do you want him to do this?"

       "Of course not. He could end up in jail forever if he does this. I didn't know how to stop him."

       "I can." Alicia said and Ryan got closer to her. "He won't answer my calls and he won't answer yours either. We might be too late Ryan. Do you know where John is?"

        "I do but you don't have to get out of bed..." Ryan said and Alicia pulled off the IV drip inserted in her hand. She stepped out of the bed and walked slowly to get her clothes.

      "Where are my clothes?"

       "Alicia..." She glared at him and he pointed to his left side. Ryan turned away from her and Alicia forced herself to get into a dress. "Are you done?"

      "Zip me up." She demanded.

       "Max will kill me if I look at you."

        "Ryan! I'm running out of time here! Fucking do it and stop complaining!" Alicia roared at him and she felt a stitch open on her side belly. "Please," She said calmly. "I have to stop him." Ryan sighed heavily and helped her get into her clothes. Then he helped her sneak out of the hospital so the doctors wouldn't find her and get her back into the bed. Alicia got into Ryan's car and she urged him to drive as fast as she can.

        "Your stitches might open up..."

        "Jeez! Do you think I care about that now? Drive!" She roared at him again and Ryan drove away. Alicia was groaning as Ryan drove away. She had her hand on her wound and groaning silently.