(137).

"Months-Years"

       A freaking good year passed by like thin dust. A freaking good year for the CORA brand. It was all everyone talked about. The brand had merged into a bigger platform. Maxwell owed it all to his hardworking employees and himself for getting his head in the game. His friendship with Shelby had taken new turns and yeah, he liked it. Shelby's modeling career had a good turn too. She had the publicity she deserved and her wearing the CORA brand skyrocketed sales every single time. She took a new route into the movie industry, which Maxwell had disagreed on, but it did turn out good for everyone. It was a win-win situation for both parties.

       In Maxwell's office, Dawn was making a video call, laughing her lungs out. Maxwell walked into his office and she toned down her laughs. "Your voice could be heard miles away. You're really pissing Ryan off so bad. Get up and let's have lunch together." He said to her.

      "I told you guys I'm not eating." She put down the phone and sighed. "I'm not coming."

      "I'm tired of solving your arguments. You two need to solve your misunderstandings before you come to work. Don't make me fire you both."

      "God knows you need me." She said.

     "You're damn right. Please just ignore him and eat something. We have a meeting in the next thirty minutes." He said and realized she was making him work as her secretary. "Wait a damn minute!" He said and Dawn laughed.

      "I'll be out after this call."

      "You better." He closed the door and stood next to it.

      "Okay, let's talk," Dawn said to her caller.

      "That was Max, right?" He heard Alicia's voice and it happened again. His heart ached at the sound of her voice.

      "Yes, it was. Do you want to talk to him or something?"

     "No, no. I'm good."

      "Right. So are you getting those clothes? Since we all don't know yet, I suggest you get the boys and the girls. I'm sure Theo will love that." Dawn laughed. Maxwell gritted his teeth at their conversation.

      "Girl, chill. It's just two months. I'm not even sure I want this."

      "What else do you have to think about Alicia?"

      "I'm not ready to have this baby, Dawn. You know how stressed this whole situation put me in. No matter how I think of it, I just know I don't want it."

      "You bitch. Reduce sex then." Dawn said and they laughed. Maxwell walked away from the door to the lounge where the employees were having their lunch. Ryan was seated next to Lydia and he was playfully feeding her and making jokes about it.

      "Is Shelby coming?" James asked Maxwell and he took a seat instead.

       "Why are you asking me?"

       "Are you two not... in a relationship?" Lydia curiously asked. Maxwell ignored their question and picked up his phone. "She said you are..."

       "Eat your food." Ryan stuffed a chicken drumstick in her mouth and looked at Maxwell. The door outside opened and Shelby walked in.

      "Holy fuck! Am I late again?" Shelby asked as she walked closer to them.

       "We just started," Ryan answered. Maxwell wasn't even looking at her. She walked up to him and pecked on his cheeks.

      "What's up?" She smiled at him and Maxwell focused on pressing his phone. "Max?"