(130).

"Family Isn't All"

       Maxwell left the hospital, feeling like he was on a mission to deliver this news to the one who needed to hear it the most. He was so pissed at his dad for keeping this from them. He drove back to Hilltop hotel, gathering his thoughts and thinking of the right words to say to Theodore. He still hated the guy but he deserved to know where his mom was. He got to the hotel, made his way to Theodore's suit and breathing in a heavy sigh. "He deserves to know." He mumbled.

         Through the elevator and hallway walk, Maxwell made up his mind to deliver this message no matter what. Maxwell stopped in front of Theodore's suite and gently knocked on the door. He knocked once more and heard footsteps approach the door. "Coming!" Theodore announced and Maxwell took one final sigh. The door opened and Theodore showed up, putting a t-shirt on and he had a white shorts on. The motherfucker looked good as always. Maxwell rolled his eyes a little and sighed out. "Woah! This is a surprise." He cheered with smiles on.

     "I know. Can we talk?" Maxwell put on his stern face.

      "Right now? Here?" He pointed to the room and Maxwell rolled his eyes at him. "It's really not..."

      "Theo seriously! You left me waiting for you." Alicia said from 'their' bedroom and she angrily showed up in the living room with a black underwire lingerie set on. "Holy shit!" She quickly covered herself with the lingerie robe and Maxwell wasn't taking his eyes off her. "Hi... hey..." she awkwardly said.

       "Come in." Theodore said to Maxwell and she hiccuped from her end. Maxwell's soft glares were laid on her and he loved seeing her this way and out of words. He could've requested they go talk somewhere else but the devil in him pushed him into the room. He walked inside and Theodore closed the door with a sigh. Alicia wasn't moving and Maxwell wasn't taking his eyes off her on purpose.

       "Red looks better on you. This doesn't suit you." Maxwell said loud and clear. Alicia looked at both men awkwardly and walked in a hurry to the bedroom. He got himself a seat and sighed heavily. "Can you sit? My head aches. Today has been a long day."

      "Should I get you anything?"

      Maxwell scoffed at him. "Can you get me everything I want?" He asked. "I guess no. Anyway," he started. "There's something you need to know." Theodore nodded his head to him. Maxwell remember what he did to him, pinning Piper's death on him so he could have Alicia and he chuckled. "Man, this is a crazy world."  Maxwell stood up from the couch and faced Theodore. "You know what? Meet me at Crystal hospital tomorrow at nine. Don't keep me waiting."

      "That's all?" Theodore shrugged at him and Maxwell smirked at him. "You could've said that on phone."

       "I changed my mind. It turns out what I feel for you is just hatred. I was going to do you a favor because I was trying to be the good wolf my daughter wants me to be. Turns out family isn't all that I need. I mean we never considered ourselves as one seeing how you literally fucked me up."

       "Max..."

       "Tomorrow at nine. Don't keep your future wife waiting. She gets pissed easily." Maxwell patted on Theodore's shoulder and walked out of the room. He smiled at himself with a sigh of relief.

        After a long day, Maxwell got to his apartment and once he walked into it, he saw Cora get up from the couch and ran towards him. "Daddy!" She cheered in her little voice. Alia stood up as well and watched Maxwell carry their daughter and hug her with smiles and kisses to her face.

       "Who missed me?" He asked. Cora pointed to Alia and they both laughed. "You didn't miss me?"

       "I did." She answered. Maxwell walked closer to Alia with Cora on his arms and he planted a faint kiss on Alia's lips. Alia blinked her eyes at him and he smiled at her. She watched him play with Cora to the balcony and his laughter was overwhelming. Alia laid back and watched Max play with his daughter. Then when it was bedtime for Cora, he walked her to her room and gently put her to bed. He read her her favorite bedtime story about a corny princess and Cora slowly fell asleep.