(117).

"Alone Again"

Dawn made a decision to leave for the sake of her remaining pride and Alicia could not stop her. Dawn had said she was doing this because she needed to and no amount of words changed her mind. She packed her things, quit her job at Rosie's Inn and moved away to her parents house. And now, Alicia was left alone again in the apartment, thinking of why bad things keeps on happening to everyone.

She reminded herself of Maxwell's words to her the previous night and her goosebumps traced her arm.

'Should we get married?'

Did she want to? Did she love him enough? Did she really really want this?

Yes! She did! She was smiling to herself when her phone beeped. She picked it up and it was a text from Max.

•💯❤️•
Thinking of me?

Alicia
Nope!

•💯❤️•
Really? Cus I can feel you smiling from outside😑

Alicia
I really wasn't. You missed me?

•💯❤️•
Nope!

Alicia
You texted me first!😀

•💯❤️•
I did?😱

Alicia
Yes you did.

•💯❤️•
Got a surprise for you. Open the door.

Alicia read and stood up from the couch. She was smiling so brightly and opened the door. Maxwell stood out the door in his grey hood shirt. "Where's the surprise?" She asked.

"I am a total package." Alicia laughed and Maxwell hugged her. "Okay I missed you." He admitted and she kissed on his cheeks.

"I did too. Come in. It's cold outside." She held his hand and walked in with him.

"Dawn really left?" Maxwell asked and hugged her.

"She did. I couldn't stop her. You didn't know they had a bet on her, right?"

"I would've told her about it." Maxwell kissed on her forehead. "Is she not coming back?"

"She won't. We're graduating soon and everyone will part ways. She said it's better for her to leave now."

Maxwell nodded his head and held her hand. "So I guess we can fuck in the couch then." He said and Alicia pinched on his arm. "Come on. I miss you." He kissed her on the lips and she smiled. "You really love me, don't you?"

"Just a little bit."

"You should move in with me. I can't let you be here all alone. You know what happened to Dawn when she was alone here." Maxwell said and Alicia stepped away from him. "Ali, we're not going to argue about this. I don't want you to be here all alone. Someone can come in here and harm you."

"Max, I'll be fine. I don't want to stay with you."

"Why? I'm not going to restrict you from going out or doing whatever you want to. I just want to keep you safe Ali. This isn't the place for you, please." Alicia shook her head at him and turned away from him. "Ali,"

"I will think about it." She said and sat down in the couch.

"There's nothing to think about."