(109).

"Miles Away"

        Maxwell would've laughed if he was making a joke or grin at a joke but none showed on his face. Jack on the other hand, took a hold of Maxwell's hand and shook it. "I'm Jack. Have we met before?"

      "I don't think so." Maxwell answered.

      "Are you kids not coming in? It's cold outside." Mr's Clara said from the doorway and Maxwell grinned. He was caught. "Who's that Alicia?"

      "Her fiancé." Jack answered and Mr's Clara came close.

      "Mr's Clara." Maxwell said and heaved a sigh.

     "Maxwell? Oh my God. It's so good to see you again. How did you know where I live?" She asked excitedly and Alicia furrowed her eyebrows at him. There was no hiding place for him. He had been caught.

       "You've met her?" Alicia asked and Maxwell sighed. "I can't believe this." She said angrily and walked out on them to the house.

      "Wow, this is awkward." Jack laughed.

      "Don't mind my daughter. She's not really an open person." Maxwell smiled. "I didn't know you knew her."

      "Yeah, she didn't know I was meeting you. It's kind of a long story." He explained and Mr's Clara laughed.

      "I understand. Young couples have all these misunderstandings. You should go and talk to her and I believe you're spending the night."

      "I don't think so. I have to go back." He said.

     "Don't be silly. It's late. You should spend the night and take her with you tomorrow." Mr's Clara held his hand and walked into the house with him. She showed him Alicia's room and he made his way there. Maxwell stood behind the door, taking deep breaths and thinking of what to say for her to believe him. He knocked on Alicia's door and opened it up. Maxwell entered the room and Alicia was seated at the edge of the bed with her face in her palms.

      "Ali," he got closer to her and bent on his toes. "Are you mad at me?" He asked and she looked at him.

      "Shouldn't I be Max?"

      "You should." He answered. "I didn't tell you because I knew you'll be mad about it. I'm sorry for keeping this from you." He held her hand and she took it off.

      "What else are you keeping from me?"

     "Nothing, I swear. I only kept seeing her at the hospital because I liked her company and she was always alone when I went there." He said and she stayed mute. "Ali,"

      "You're the one who paid for her bills?"

      "Ali I..."

     "Give me a fucking answer Maxwell. Did you or did you not pay for her bills?" She asked and bite on her lips. Maxwell didn't know how to answer that question. "Oh God," she stood up from the bed and walked to the window for air. Maxwell walked closer to her and hugged her from the back. "I don't need this."

      "I know. I'm sorry. I know I should've said something. I'm really sorry." He pleaded with her and she faced him. "I'm sorry."

       "I don't know if I should be grateful or mad right now. This pisses me off so bad. Like why didn't you say a fucking thing to me?" She asked angrily and he put his head on her shoulder. "Stop being a baby. I said I'm angry." Maxwell didn't pay attention to her and put his hands on her waist. "Max," he shook his head and she sighed heavily. His actions made her want to laugh but she had to keep acting like she still mad at him. "Ross,"