(94).

"Not Guilty"

        The trial started and Maxwell only looked down. He has a daughter? He has a fucking daughter? Was it true? What did she look like? What was her name? Did she know about him? She would be three years old if only he was right. Was she even his child? Alia was cheating on him before. Is it really his child?

      "Your honor, all I'm trying to state here is, there is no subsequential evidence to prove what he's saying is true. Checking my client's medical records, it was proven to me, he was almost detained in a psychiatry years ago and he has been assigned to a therapist for the past years by his family. Quoting what his therapist said, Maxwell Ross has been a troubled child..."

      "Wait what?" Maxwell spoke out of confusion. It wasn't his place but what was this motherfucker saying. He had zoned out all this while, not taking the real shit going on seriously. And like this was funny, people laughed.

     "Silence." The judge ordered.

     "We'd like to call onto Mrs Ann, the therapist to account to the said information we have here." The lawyer standing behind Maxwell said and Maxwell looked back at his family. What the fuck were they doing? They lied to him. The lawyer wasn't doing what he wanted. He knew Mrs Ann will speak in his favor. All that bullshit the lawyer spewed will only make him look innocent here and he wasn't. Mrs Ann walked to the trial stand and the lawyer walked closer to her stand to question her. "How long has Maxwell Ross being in your custody?"

     "Almost four years."

     "What brought him to you? What were some of his challenges?"

     "Objection your honor. This is invading of privacy." The prosecutor spoke.

     "Your honor, I do not think his privacy is much needed here besides, this will only clarify all doubts we have. I believe this new information will be vital for both sides."

     "Objection overruled." The judge said and Maxwell sighed. Who was on his side there? The prosecutor who was not supposed to be on his side was on his side and lawyer who was supposed to be on his side wasn't on his side.

     "Mrs Ann, please fill us in."

      "Maxwell hardly spoke in the first year of every session we had. He will nod his head when you talk to him and look out the window for hours. The first time he spoke for minutes was when I asked about his family. He said they didn't care much about him and he was okay with that. I did what I thought could help him speak up and his sister was the only one I could talk to."

       "What did she say about him?"

       "She said my brother needs help. He's gone a little crazy. She also told me about an accident he got into after a fight with his ex girlfriend."

       "Objection your honor!"

       "Overruled." Alicia was paling out at the back. She texted Dawn and asked her where she's gotten to. She couldn't take what was happening.

      "Mrs Ann, since you do know about the human thoughts, what do you believe made my client go this far in telling what most of us believe are lies?"

      "A lot of my patients go to the extreme of getting the attention they need from people. They do all kinds of things to gain the love they think they deserve, being it good or bad. I believed what Maxwell Ross is going through here is the exact thing seeing how little things triggered the memories he lost of someone he truly cared about. Most of the time, we take matters into our own hands, most of us gets depressed from this situation. We belittle ourselves, telling ourselves no one cares and I'm here to let the youths especially, know that they are people out there who truly care about you."