(122).

"Wedding Bells"

        Maxwell took a trip to his family house, knowing they were planning on another birthday party for him but he had other plans for that. He rolled his eyes throughout the suggestion his mom was making. He wanted to be done with it and go back to Alicia. He didn't like leaving her alone in his apartment. She had said she will be fine and he was still worried about her. What if her stitches open up and what if she trips on the floor? What if she gets hungry and she has to cook? The stitches will open up eventually if she overworks herself. He had warned her not to do anything extra and he still felt she might go extra.

       "Ugh, she never listens." Maxwell mumbled and his mom looked at him.

      "Is that okay with you?"

      "Yes, yes. Can I go now?" He stood up from the couch. Luna walked down from the stairs and Maxwell heaved a sigh of relief. Finally someone to take him away from his mother's long boring talks. "Can we talk?" He asked and she shrugged her shoulders at him. They walked to the kitchen and Luna took out a bottled water from the fridge.

      "I'm all ears." She gulped down her water and Maxwell sat down on the chair.

      "I want to officially propose to Alicia." He said and Luna put down her bottle.

       "Does mom know?"

       "Nobody knows." He answered.

        "They know Alicia is Mile's fiancée and mom doesn't like her." Luna said to him.

        "I don't care if she doesn't like her because Miles had his hands on her. I knew this was going to happen anyway that's why I'm planning on proposing to her at the party and announcing to everyone she's my fiancée."

       Luna laughed. "Mom is going to be so pissed off. Oh God I can't wait to see the look on her face." Luna kept laughing and Maxwell glared at her. "You should have a back up plan. Are you going to marry her right after school?"

       "That is the plan. I don't want us to be here. We need a getaway and a new environment with a new life." Luna nodded to him and sipped on her water.

       "What about Cora? Have you thought of her?"

       "She's fine with her mom..."

       "She will need her dad Max. She's still your daughter and I know you really hate Alia for what she did to you but don't punish Cora for this. You're her dad and she needs you."

      "I am not doing this to punish anyone. This is what I really need Luna. To be away from everyone."

        "Including your daughter?" Luna asked with a sigh and Max gritted his teeth. Why didn't he think of that?! "Does Alicia know you have a daughter with Alia?" He scratched his head. "Oh my God! Max, you didn't tell her and you're planning on proposing to her?"

        "It didn't cross my mind okay. We had so much going on between us and it never crossed my mind to tell her. It's not like I intentionally lied to her." Maxwell explained himself.

        Luna heaved another sigh. "You should tell her before the party."

       "I can't." He blinked at her. "I'm scared she'll push me away again. I will tell her after the party, I promise."

      "If you mess this up, that's on you. I will just plan out your surprise proposal for her so don't you ruin my hard work." Max nodded to her. "You're really fucked up." Luna said and sipped the water. "I need some vodka jeez." She laughed.