(56).

"The Fight"

       Dawn was pulling Alicia's legs and smiling to herself. The Inn was almost empty. A middle aged man was the only person left. He was sipping his coffee and reading a book. Jake was here too. He was staring at Alicia. The kind of look he gives sometimes was awkward. They give her goosebumps. "Oh God, I was so turned on. I've never heard people fucking in here before. His last words got me. He was like, we'll finish this at home." Dawn chuckled and hit the table. Alicia pinched her to stop and she wasn't buying it. She hated how Jake was staring at her.

     "Dawn, stop. We all get it." She said to Dawn.

    "You're living with him now?" Jake asked.

    "It happened that way."

     "How far are you going to go with him?"

     "Far enough." He nodded.

    "My chances with you are still fat." He smirked and sipped the tea. He looked at the door and sighed. "Can you deliver a message to him?"

    "What message?"

    "People are watching. He can stop pretending now."

    "What do you mean..." he stood up and smiled at her. "Jake,"

    "Have fun." He smiled and headed for the door. The door opened and Max walked in. They stopped walking and stood there glaring at each other. He looked back at Alicia.

    "Are they fighting over you?" Dawn whispered.

    "I don't think that's their reason." Max intentionally bumped hard into Jake and walked closer to Alicia.

     "Babe, did you miss me?" He asked playfully.

     "She did. She's still wet." Dawn laughed. Jake wasn't leaving. He was watching her from the door and she was doing the same. Something didn't feel right. Someone was lying to her. Something was going on and they were all pretending with her.

     "Ali, can you go home alone? I'm meeting with Ryan."

    "Yeah, sure. Don't be late." She smiled at him. He pecked on her cheeks and went away. Dawn had to use the bathroom and Alicia had to wait at the counter to make sales. The bells dinged and she looked ahead. A blonde lady in sunglasses walked up to the counter. She smiled at Alicia and Alicia smiled back at her.

     "Welcome." Alicia cheered.

     "Alicia?" She asked. Alicia took a closer look at her. Her blonde hair was at her shoulder length and it was curled at the sides. She smelt of good perfume and makeup. "Should we make an introduction?"

     "If that's okay with you." She heaved a sigh and looked around Alicia.

     "I'm sure you've been getting my messages." Alicia's smile dropped and the blonde girl was still smiling. "Don't worry. I won't harm you."

     "What do you want?" She frowned.

     "I'm coming back for it and I mean it. He was never yours and I'm sure you understand."

     "Who are you? What the fuck do you want with me?"

     "Alia. I told you he'll never tell you about us. He's a good pretender right?" She laughed. "I'm giving you the chance to end it with him before he hurts you."

     "You can go to hell."

     "Fine. I'll take you with me and you can bring it on." She smiled at Alicia and walked out of the Inn. Alicia angrily followed her out to confront her and saw her talking to Jake outside. She thought he left. What was going on? He was comfortable speaking to her and smiling too. Alia left after talking to him and Alicia ran to him.

     "Do you know her? Why was she talking to you?"

     "She was asking for directions. Is she someone you know?" She asked. She didn't know if she should believe him too or not.

     "No. Why are you still here?"

    "I waited for you." She breathed out a sigh and bent on her toes. "Bell, is everything okay?" She wiped a tear off and shook her head. "What is it?" He bent closer to her and held her hand.

    "You know that feeling when you believe everything is working out..." she sniffed. "But it's not. It just keeps getting worse and you have no idea what you can do about it. Have you ever doubted a person's intentions towards you? Like they make you believe every lie they say to you and pretend so well to hide it all from you?"

    "Yeah..."

   "What if he isn't pretending and really doesn't know what is going on? What if she's lying? I'm so confused." She wiped her tears off with a sigh and he smiled at her.

     "Confront him about it. That's the best thing to do now."

    "I really hate this." He hugged her and patted on her back. "I want to believe him Jake."

     "I know you want to. Hang in there. Like I always say, you're strong." She nodded and smiled a little. She always loved being in his company. He brushed his hand in her hair and sighed. She was comforted enough and when she tried getting up, something pulled her hair down and she winced. "Shit, your hair got stuck in my wristband. Don't move." H moved closer to her and she heard his heart beat, lovely smell and breath on her skin. It did feel like he was kissing her. He was able to untangle her hair out of his wristband and a hand from nowhere held her up, picking her up from the ground.

      Alicia got pushed back by Max and he threw punches at Jake. Jake retaliated and she couldn't believe what was happening. She held Max's hand, yelling at him to stop and he accidentally elbowed her abdomen. She screamed and when he realized what he had done, heavy sweats ran down his face. She groaned out in pain, holding her belly and they both stopped, looking at her. Max took a step forward and held her hand. She pushed him away and his face paled. He didn't know he would hurt her. "Ali,"

     "Just go." She cried.

    "Hey... I'm sorry." His voice lowered.

    "Leave! Get the hell away from me!" She roared at him and her abdomen hurt severely. She was still groaning out and tears came out as well. She turned to leave and they followed. "You should all stay away from me!" She slowly walked to the Inn and Dawn ran to her.

     "Ali, what's going on?"

     "I have to... go home. I can't stand."

     "Let me get a cab for you. Take a seat." She took the nearest seat and put her head on the table. She cried on the table, waiting for Dawn to get her the cab. She did not care if those two fight to death.
"Do you want to go to the hospital? The cab is in." Dawn asked and she shook her head. "Take the day off tomorrow. I'll fill in for you."

     "No. I'll be fine." Dawn handed her bag to her and led her out to the cab. "Thank you." She mouthed to Dawn and put her head on the seat of the cab, crying silently.

     She paid the driver off and got down from the cab, slowly walking to 'their home'. She got in, took her clothes off, washed up and waited for his ass home. She lay herself on the bed, rubbing her hands on her abdomen for relief. She thought of what happened and how rush he was to think Jake and her were doing weird things again.

     How long can she take that anger and insecurities from him?