(115).

"We're Weird"

         "I think I'm about to do something real stupid Dawn." Alicia said to her friend on the bed they lay down on. "Am I a bad person?"

      "We all are. Just pretend you're a good person. That's better." Dawn laughed. Alicia sighed and hugged the pillow. "Things will be fine. Whoever keeps scaring us with texts will eventually get tired and stop."

       "What if one of dies in that process? You remember you almost died in here because of this." Alicia said and Dawn turned to face her.

      "Yeah and whoever that was stole Jake's phone and tricked you into the bush to haunt you down. I have been trying to take things lightly but I honestly get scared. It haunts me in my sleep."

     "This will stop very soon. I promise you that." She smiled at her friend.

      "How will you make this stop?" Dawn curiously asked and Alicia shrugged her shoulders at her.

      "I'm working on it."

•_• _•

       "Okay, make this quick. I'm meeting Max in an hour." Inside Rosie's Inn, Alicia said to Jake who was seated in front of her and the dude wasn't smiling. She snapped her fingers at him and he sipped on the water in front of him.

      "How have you been? You're good at avoiding me in school."

      "That's none of your business. Tell me why you wanted to meet me."

     Jake pushed forward in his seat and sighed. "This is going to sound lame but I miss you. I miss being your friend."

     "Sorry. I don't miss any of that. I only remember how you and your bitchy sister tricked me, played with me and how you almost made me fall for you."

      "Alicia..."

      "If this is what you came here to talk about then I suggest you start leaving. I don't want Max to see us together. As we both know, he's a bit crazy and he hates your guts so let's keep this short."

       Jake sighed and nodded his head continuously. "I traced down the person who took my phone and all the texts whoever that is sent to you came from the school." He said and Alicia gulped. This interested her. "I thought about it a lot and my only conclusion is whoever that is, might be one of the victims friends who wants to play prank on us."

      "The basketball team." Alicia said.

       "It can be anyone Alicia. You should be careful. Lots of people have their eyes on you because they think Max changed after he met you. You're like the bad person in his story."

     "But I didn't!" She said angrily and calmed herself down. "What's the point?" She rolled her eyes and sipped on her water. "It's so stupid. People are really dumb." She muttered to herself and Jake smiled.

     "You're still cute and funny."

     "I always have." She eyed at him.

      "I wasn't lying when I said I miss you. I can't stop thinking about what we had." Jake's voice slowed and Alicia put her glass on the table. "It's okay if you still hate me for helping my sister out but there was a good reason behind that and I haven't stop regretting not taking your side. I am really sorry and I want you to know that." Alicia didn't let a word out. She considered his apology and wanted to understand why he helped his bitchy sister out. "You should know this, Theodore actually sent me to talk to you. He has weird ways of forgiving people."