(37).

"Those Days"

      Alicia waited for the arrival of Maxwell and Luna home and he texted they've already had dinner together so she should go ahead with hers. She had dinner alone and waited at the living room for them. It was already nighttime. Their car drove in with its revving sounds and she sighed. She was feeling sleepy and yawning throughout. Luna was the first to walk through the door. Alicia stood up from the chair and she offered Alicia her best smile. Luna immediately took off her long heels and lay her hair on her shoulders. Max walked in after her and he smiled at Alicia. Luna didn't look okay.

     "Luna.." Max called.

    "I'm okay." She threw her heels on the floor and walked to the bar counter. She pulled herself a glass and a bottle of alcohol. Max hugged Alicia and sighed. Such a long day!

     "I miss you." He said slowly.

    "Is she okay?"

    "She isn't." He sighed. "Can you wait? I've to talk to her."

     "Yeah." He kissed on her cheeks and joined his sister. He took the glass away from Luna and she put her head on his shoulder, crying on it. Alicia felt bad for whatever happened to her.

    "Why... does he.. have to..." She said through her tears.

    "Stop doing this over that motherfucker. Just say the word and I'll take care of him."

    "No. Don't do anything." She wiped her tears. "I'm done with him. I'm just so angry I can cut his big balls off."

    "Don't entertain his ass here no more. Take a bath and go to sleep. You've done enough for the day."

    "Go ahead without me. I need some few drinks and I'll be good. You know me." He smiled at her. He pecked on her forehead and stepped away from her. "Have a goodnight Ali."

    "You too Luna."

     Once they got into the bedroom, Max took his suit off and his trousers along with his boxer shorts and got inside the bathroom. Alicia followed him and he sat down in the tub, sighing. She took her clothes off too and joined him in the tub. He had his head laid back, looking at the ceiling. He hated it when the people he cared about gets hurt. Luna had cried in the car on their way home, pretending she wasn't affected by the sudden break up. Alicia's leg searched for his sex part and that wasn't what he needed.

     Her legs got a hold of his cock and he wasn't moving. He stayed still. He didn't know to push her off without hurting her feelings. She pushed forward to him and held his cock, pulling on it. She wished he had looked at her so she would know what was going through his mind.

     For minutes; she was stroking on his cock and he closed his eyes. The only time she heard him heave a moan was when he came hard in her palm. He sat up and looked at her. "Ali,"

     "It's okay. I know." She smiled at him. She didn't need to take a bath, she only joined because he didn't look okay. She left him alone in the tub and snuck herself in bed, waiting for him to come out. He needed time alone. Her eyes couldn't hold still. She closed them and let a beauty sleep take over her. Maxwell needed time alone in the tub for hours.

—Thursday, Max had served breakfast in the room. He wasn't sure if she was mad at him or not and tried making up for it. She sat up on the bed yawning and he smiled at her. "Good morning." He said. She smiled back and he sighed.

     "Hey, good morning." He held her hand and let her stand up. They washed up together, had breakfast on the bed and spent the remaining day in bed, cuddling, making love, making silly comments and laughing throughout. She did realize he had his phone turned off when he was with her. She asked why and what he did was try to turn this into a fight. He had his reasons.

     "I only asked a simple question. Goddamnit! Why are you getting mad at me?" She got furious. "I know you don't want Kiera and your other sex buddies to be calling you. You don't have to pretend you're angry." She pushed away from him, getting off the bed and he held her hand.

    "Are you obsessed with Kiera?"

    "Fuck you." She pushed him off and got out of the bed. He laughed about why she was angry, telling her she was jealous of Kiera. It was really pointless to argue about it. He was being a dick to her.

    "You still hang out with Jake."

    "Jake and I are friends. We don't have any sexual relationship like you and Kiera. I won't lie to you about this. There's nothing going on. We're friends." He nodded his head to the lies he thought she spewed. He somehow felt he was lying to him and has been lying to him all this while. He was so insecure about Jake. Jake's looks alone bothered him much. Maxwell had seen them been cozy around each other and the kind of eyes Jake always gave to Alicia was not pleasant for him. He wouldn't be wrong if he concluded Jake loved his girlfriend.

     The worst Maxwell didn't want to think about was Jake fucking Alicia. He swore to God in his head. He will fucking beat the shit out of that motherfucker if he lays his hands on his girlfriend.

    If Alicia had shown no interest in Jake, Max would've been okay but his girlfriend smiled at Jake and do silly flirts with him and that pissed him off. Alicia was his alone. He didn't know how he'll feel when he gets to know they had something to do. It would break him down and bring out the worse in him.

   Maxwell looked at Alicia sending a message on her phone and he sat idle on the bed staring at her.

   "What?" She asked angrily and he shook his head at her.

    "I love you." His words made her smile and she put down her phone.

    "You know my weak buttons." She laughed and got closer to him. She sat up on his laps and kissed him. "I love you more Max."

—Friday. The day that ruined all the fun. It was so unexpected. She shouldn't have answered that one question.